Prologue

I had made this chapter, but Wattpad made a duplicate, and when I deleted the duplicate, it deleted the original and wouldn't let me publish the copy. So, set back to square one.

Gremory Manor, the Underworld, 1778

It is stormy in the underworld, clouds completely blocking out the sun. Inside the Gremory manor, the temperature is much lower than outside the manor. In fact, the temperature is below freezing! The reason is obvious. Grayfia Lucifuge: The Strongest Queen is in labor. Her husband, Sirzechs Lucifer, formerly Sirzechs Gremory, is by her side holding her hand. The doctors encourage her and Sirzechs keeps her calm. "Keep pushing, it's almost out." The doctor encourages. "WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING!" Grayfia yells in anger as another wave of pain rolls over her. After a couple more moments of anger, pain, and Sirzechs' hand being broken by his wife, there's nothing but silence. "Doctor, is my baby okay?" Grayfia asks. After a few minutes of silence, the doctor reveals the news.

"You've given birth to a healthy baby boy." The doctor says, relieved. Grayfia sighs in relief. "May I see my child?" She asks. The doctor nods and hands her the infant. Sirzechs quickly starts nursing his hand, shaking it to regain blood flow. Said infant stares directly at Grayfia, not making a sound. His red eyes seemingly staring into his mother's soul. "Have you picked out a name for him?" The doctor asks. "Adalgar. Adalgar Gremory." Grayfia says as the baby falls asleep in her arms.

8 years later

Adalgar is sitting inside his grandparent's house, while his grandfather, Zoeticus tries to teach the child how to use the Power of Destruction. "You must learn how to use your family's power, or you won't rise up in this world. The Power of Destruction is the strongest there is!" He brags. Crimson closes his eyes and feels around inside his magic reserves for the oh so hyped up power. But there was nothing. No swirling chaos, no dark red energy. Nothing. Just heavy, suffocating darkness shaded so deeply black, no light can be seen. In the real world, shadows start swirling in his hands, forming orbs just radiating fear and despair. Zoeticus looks at his grandson angrily. "Stop summoning those shadows! The Power of Destruction is the most powerful magic in the underworld! Crimson glares at Zoeticus. "I don't see you able to summon it!" He thinks angrily. Zoeticus just sighs and walks out of the room

After a few minutes, Venelana Gremory, Crimson's grandmother walks into the room. "Are you having trouble bringing out the power?" She asks gently. "It's not that I'm having trouble bringing it out, it's just that I can't summon it!" Crimson says frustrated. Venelana looks at him. "Why don't you try again, but with me in here instead?" She says serenely. Crimson tries again, with the shadows swirling in his hands again. Venelana frowns slightly and starts thinking. 'He's not useless, but he can't be the next heir. I don't know what type of magic that is. If I don't know what it is, I can't control it.' Crimson leans back in his chair and it tips over. Dark tendrils shoot from magic circles that appear around him and catch the chair before it can hit the ground.

4 years later

Crimson stands outside Ajuka Beelzebub's lab, waiting to get his Evil Pieces with his parents and grandparents waiting with him. 'I wish that Zoeticus and Venelana would stop jerking off the Power of Destruction. It's not really that impressive. Any magic can do that if trained enough.' As he's thinking the, the Satan walks out to greet him. "Are you ready to get your Evil Pieces?" He asks. "As ready as I'll ever be!" Crimson says as they enter the lab. Once they enter the lab, Ajuka leads Crimson to a table with a set of white chess pieces. "All you have to do is put your magic energy into them and they'll do the rest." Ajuka advises. Crimson picks up the pieces and his magic starts flowing into them, staining them pitch black. The queen and a pawn become thorned before it all stops.

"Hmm. Most Evil Pieces become red or dark blue. I've never seen a set that's pitch black." Ajuka says. Crimson picks up the pieces and summons a box of darkness to put the pieces into. The green haired Satan leads them both outside. Crimson scowls when he sees his grandparents,  but puts on a smile when he sees his parents. "Mom, Dad, I got a Mutation Queen and a Mutation Pawn!" Crimson says happily. "I think that Adalgar should let us hold onto his pieces until he's ready to use them." Zoeticus says , causing Crimson to scowl and glare at Zoeticus while Venelana nods. "No." Grayfia says. "Adalgar is old enough to use his pieces and I will not let you take that right away from him." This suprises the two grandparents, as Grayfia had never spoken back before. "Thanks mom!" Crimson says, grinning.

5 years later

Crimson is standing across the battlefield from Solomon Agares, the Head of the Agares clan. "So, the rules are no killing maiming, or permanently damaging!" Solomon yells. "I know, this isn't my first fight you know!" Crimson yells back. They both get into a fighting stance. Nodding at each other, the two devils charge and magic circles start appearing around them.

Crimson sends a shadow tendril at Solomon's leg, but a bolt of electricity causes it to disintegrate. Several more come at the older devil, but Solomon sends fire to burn half of them and ice to freeze the other half. While he's distracted, Crimson dashes forward and lands a solid punch to the liver against the Head of the Agares clan. The punch sends Solomon back a few yards, but he shrugs off the immense pain he feels and summons an orb of slowed time around Crimson. He then dashes forward ad coats his hand in ice before punching Crimson in the face. Crimson flies out of the slowed time and grins wickedly. "So, I already pushed you to using that? Are you losing your touch, old man?" He taunts. "In your dreams! We agreed not to hold back!" The older devil laughs.

Solomon throws another orb od slowed time at Crimson, but the younger devil summons a shadow drill to stop the orb. Black sparks fly from the clash between magics. The two devils go into hand-to-hand combat. Crimson ducks under a right hook and throws a left jab into Solomon's chest. He follows up with a roundhouse kick to the side, sending the older devil sprawling. Off to the side, the orb of manipulated time starts to deform as the magic becomes unstable. Crimson dashes towards Solomon, only to meet a full on uppercut to the jaw. This sends him into the air, which Solomon takes advantage of by jumping and kneeing Crimson in the abdomen, causing him to rocket upwards.

Crimson stops his ascent and dives at Solomon who spins around for a back kick, which Crimson dodges by crouching when he lands and sweeping Solomon's leg. As Solomon falls, Crimson smirks and spins around before elbowing the older devil in the gut and sending him back a few feet. Solomon tumbles for a few meters before standing up and disappearing. Before Crimson can register what had happened, he's sent flying back to just below the orb and shadow drill. As Crimson shakily stands, Solomon starts walking towards him. "You've grown a lot stronger since last time Adalgar, you had me on the ropes for a few minutes there." He compliments. Crimson grins wearily just as the orb explodes, distorting a large amount of space, including Crimson!

As the distortion stops expanding and starts contracting, fear flashes across Crimson and Solomon's face. Crimson starts getting pulled back by the contracting distortion and is disappears. "NOOO!" Solomon yells. He punches the ground hard enough to cause a crater to appear. "I need to tell Sirzechs and Grayfia." He says as he runs back to the manor

Adalgar 'Crimson' Gremory, the son of Sirzechs Lucifer and Grayfia Lucifuge disappeared on that day without a trace. His parents grieved then, and still do. His grandfather showed little concern, while his grandmother was depressed for weeks. It was assumed that he had died in a sparring match because of an accident. What they didn't know, was that he would return centuries later with his signature smirk and a goal unlike any other.