Chapter 3~ More than words

Edgar still encircling Lydia's waist, made Lydia fall into a deeper trance.

"Shall we continue with our date?"

"uh yes of course" Edgar loosened his grasp from Lydia's waist, making her feel slightly empty and sad, it felt cold again. How she wished he never let her go, Lydia wanted to continue walking with his hand around her waist with him whispering sweet words of love.

But It would make Lydia seem unusual, almost like a clingy wife... wife huh?

"say, Edgar where are we going?"

"its a secret"

She couldn't force the words out of his mouth so Lydia kept silent. They had been walking for a good 5 minutes or so now, and they haven't spoken a single word to each other. "maybe, he really doesn't love me..." she silently whispered to herself. It made Lydia want to cry. Just as she thought those words, Edgar began to speak.

"Lydia, why don't you want more?" Edgar says as he softly sighs

"what?"

"I'm really starting to think that you've been forced to become engaged to me."

"no,no. it isn't like that at all" Lydia's mind was overflowing with words. It wasn't true- she really does love Edgar, possibly more than he could ever imagine. She doesn't express it, because Edgar might hate her for it.

"it-it isn't like that Edgar."