• 6. A رمضان Like No Other (١٤٤١): Part 2

• S i x •

A رمضان Like No Other (١٤٤١): Part 2

***

Day [ ١١ ]

Do you ever feel like we've been eased into this blessed month? I remember how the days prior to Ramadhan were; mostly hot, windless and long. It's that time of the year again when we get monsoon showers, but we can't trust my pretty city. It's known for its crazy weather-whims. 🍃 There was a hailstorm in spring one time. And the year before last, we had summer for so long I couldn't believe it was still 42°C outside after months.

Living up to its name, it isn't cooperative with the definitions this year either; I wonder how much more... special 2020 would be for us. I remember the first 11 days of Ramadhan as the coolest summer days I've ever known though. We even had rain for the first few days, SubhanAllah. The clouds liked us too much after that, they stayed around for a bit. This one (👇🏻) was a particularly heavy one.

There was a post on Instagram (on someone's story) that said "I don't think we said Bismillah at the start of 2020", how ironic, because I do remember saying it

There was a post on Instagram (on someone's story) that said "I don't think we said Bismillah at the start of 2020", how ironic, because I do remember saying it. And to think, we are actually counting blessings like we never did before, that the life we took for granted was packed with favours from our Lord, SubhanAllah. Maybe this is one of the effects of saying Bismillah.

Then we have the thirteenth suhoor moon outside my window (👇🏻). It's so bright, the moonlight was beautiful enough to make people go loony, telling us we're already past one-third of the way through this month. 😭💔

What's it like where you live? 

***

Day [ ١٢ ]

There are two sides to the coin of privilege; gratitude and arrogance. You know which one's superior, gratitude has always been rewarded in Islam. Arrogance is condemned. But even after knowing all of it, there are some who confuse the two. It's like saying, "If it's head, I win. If it's tail, you lose."