chapter 12

Their sex was what any normal shifter had... Rough and playful yet sensual, nothing spectacular. All that would change though with the two remaining rituals out of the way. After Brinley's first heat, that alone their encounters would be heightened.

Roman helped Brinley to her feet and slid her tank top over supple breasts. As she pulled her panties up and in place, he growled. "Here want to use my hoodie?" he suggested.

She shrugged and let him slide it over her shoulders and zip it up slightly. "There..."

She rose a brow at him curiously. Was the mating affecting him more than her... Yes, of course it was.

She slipped her leggings on then she pushed herself to her tip toes to kiss him on the lips before walking out the door. Whether she had originally had doubts or not, she was his now. She would soon be acknowledged as alpha of his pack and he of hers.

As they stepped into the hall a voice called, "Alphas, we are all set out here..."

Roman nodded and stepped out of the way to allow Brinley to lead the way.

"Are you going to tell me where we are headed now?" Roman whispered leaning close to Brinley and making her shiver.

She hesitated in her steps and turned to look back at him. "To my pack. I was going to discuss with them the possibilities of shifting again, if I was to mate and the merging of the packs. I wanted to see their thoughts." She rolled her shoulders. "I guess that discussion needs to be altered."

He nodded. "Let's go eat."

"Welcome the new alpha pair," Kane announced sniffing the air as Roman and Brinley walked in to the dinning room. Roman quickly looked around five more weres had made it while they were showering.

All eyes turned on them and Brinley blushed ducking her head. Roman pushed a finger beneath Brinley's chin, "You do not bow to any but me. And even bowing to me is controversial."

She looked up into Roman's strong confident brown eyes, "yes, Roman." She turned back to the dinning table. "Ya'll may sit and eat. After dinner, I... I mean... we suggest you find a place to lay your head. We will be leaving at first light, if you wish to travel with us. It's always safer in numbers."

Brinley sat down at the end of the table, the alpha's area and began picking at her dinner. Roman watched as everyone began to eat and he was instantly grateful he had provided the venison. There were a variety of people sitting among them, a mother and child about two, a young teen pair, and a older female, and Kane.

Roman sat down and immediately began eating. Kane sat down near the alpha pair but far enough away Roman could tell he was being cautious.

"Alpha Pike..." Kane offered, "Cindy and Fred," he pointed to the teens, "suggested a group of ten may even arrive during the night."

Brinley looked up, Kane now addressed Roman over her... that was to be expected.

Roman looked at Brinley and nodded. "Thank you."

As everyone began finishing their dinner Kane cleaned up with the help of the older woman. "The dinner was amazing. Thank you Kane and Alpha..." the young mother paused and looked to Brinley.

"My mate's name is Roman Pike."

She smiled, "yes. Thank you Alpha Pike for the delicious meat. Alpha Sindel, thank you for letting us join you on the rest of the journey. It is hard to protect yourself and a young one."

Brinley smiled. "You are more than welcome Heather, how are you doing Lucas?" She held out her hand to play with the little one.

"He is doing great because of you. We can never thank you enough."

Brinley waved off the thank you and turned to grab Roman's hand. "Good night."