Chaper 7

Chapter 7

***Terra’s View***

I really should have brought a blanket. You would think that a planet covered in volcanos and lava would be scorching hot, but no, it was (bleep)ing freezing! And if that wasn’t bad enough, there was no sound! I tried kicking a rock, and nothing. It was creepy to say the least.

Really universe, you just had to send me to the one place with no (bleep)ing sound, and make it cold. And why is it so hard to breathe? I continued walking forward, however, because there was no way in (bleep) to make me return to the ship like a little crybaby looking for mommy. Now, how to get back to Ea—

A sound. I quickly drew my sword and swung around to face… nothing?

The silence must be making me hear things, I thought. But the sound remained. Slowly, red light engulfed the horizon. It grew brighter, deeper, and the sound grew louder, more distinct. A mound of roaring fire appeared at the edge of the horizon, growing bigger. Wisps of plasma came off this mound, flying through the empty space, and hitting the land around me. It brought warmth, life, to the area.

It’s this planet’s sun! I realized immediately, And the sound I’m hearing is radio static from the electroma—I really need to stop watching sci-fi shows… As I watched the sun rise, its light began shining on dark purple rocks, which almost seemed to light on fire at the touch of the sun’s breath. The ‘fire’ seemed to twist and turn, to coil around itself, almost as if…

It’s alive! The shimmering fire looked either way, searching. I could feel the Fire’s thoughts and emotions. My mind is probably tapping into the elec— No, stop it! No more science.

I slowly walked toward the Fire, my sword ready. Without warning, the Flame attacked. Jumping back a little, I used my sword to slice through the creature. It retreated, as if wounded.

Huh. A metal sword can harm an incorporeal fire thingy. Doesn’t make sense, but aw well. I charged forward. Stabbing downward, I pinned the Fire on the ground with my blade. It struggled on the ground, trying to escape the metal’s grasp.

Now, I thought, What are you?

“It is a low level servant of Surtr,”a disembodied voice said. I jumped.

Huginn!? What the (bleep) are you doing in my head!?

“I am responding to your question.”

I know that, but why, and more importantly how, are you in my head?

“I utilized the shard left over from the HMF Blocker implanted in you to initiate a long distance neural link between you and my systems. I decided the link could help you.”

Um, ok, but get out. Break the link.