18: trust

tw nightmare

"it felt so real" i cried.

i'd had a lovely nightmare about my dad thinking it was okay to touch a 5 year old inappropriately. brendon was awake and had heard me screaming and was now comforting me.
"hey its okay" he kept telling me, wiping my tears and holding me close. "you're okay. it wont happen again" he whispered.
"sorry i just" i didnt know what to say.
"dont apologise okay? none of this is your fault. you're a beautiful girl and you're important. you can deny it all you went but you are"

"i fucking hate my parents" i muttered. "wait they aren't my parents. they just made me" i realised.
"fuck them to be honest" brendon agreed.
"i know right" i sighed. "and those dumbasses that owned the adoption centre" i hissed.
"d-did they do it too?" he turned to me. i nodded, more tears streaming down my cheeks.
"and my fucking friends wonder why i dont like being touched" i sniffled.

"can i ask you something?" he slipped his hand into mine. i nodded and wiped my tears. "with me, sarah and riley you dont mind. we hug you, hold your hands and all that shit. why do you allow us?"
"because i trust you guys. i feel comfortable and know you guys genuinely care about me"