[Chapter 2]

(Preston)

The school was busy and full of loud teenagers, as usual. Preston strolled in with the Hamilton soundtrack blasting in his ears, to be specific it was My Shot that was playing. It was one of his favourite from the absolutely golden musical! Literally it was golden, the logo had gold on it! Preston was particularly happy today because he was going to be given something he'd wanted for god knows how long, feminine clothes.

Since the start of high school Preston had questioned who he was. What gender he identified as and who he was attracted to were the main ones. He felt as though he could be transgender but he was scared of getting help, mainly because of his mom. Preston's parents had broken up when he was young and when they did he lived with his gram gram for a while, those years were good because he felt independent as she was so old. Sadly, she did pass and he was forced to live with his mother. God how he wished it was his father but he lived in New York. If he lived with his dad he could be more open about himself but with his mom he was anxious around her. She was one of those women who wanted a 'perfect' family, basically someone who wanted their kids to grow up to have successful jobs and have children of their own. If he was transgender or even gay he would be frowned upon, he didn't want that so he remained closeted with all of his emotions.

Preston walked to his locker where he was told to meet Nerris and Harrison, his two closest friends. Nerris was the one providing the clothes, she was a girl after all. Preston had hoped she would give him some feminine clothes for a while but she seemed hesitant but after her birthday she was desperate to give away some clothes, Preston guessed she had received some from a relative. After a short while of waiting with the sounds of Hamilton he saw Nerris and Harrison heading towards him, he flashed a smile and took off his headphones. "Well it took you two long enough!" He huffed as he crossed his arms.

Nerris rolled his eyes at the comment. "We didn't take that long Preston, you're just impatient!" She told him, chuckling slightly. Since they left Camp Campbell Nerris had changed a lot with her appearance. She lost her braces which caused the loss of her lisp, she stopped wearing the elf hat and she didn't look like someone fresh out of an RPG but she still had elf ears on and still kept that love for DND. She wore a yellow shirt with a 'potion' on it, a dark blue denim jacket, black jeans and long brown boots.

Preston shrugged. "Well I'm sorreeee but how can I not be impatient when my dream is finally coming true! Can I have them?" He asked as he inspected the plastic bag she held in her right hand.

Nerris nodded. "There, hope you enjoy them more than what I did!" She told him as she passed the bag over, a disgusted look on her face as she stared at the bag.

Preston chuckled as he looked in the bag, only to see there weren't clothes in there but a bunch of coloured handkerchiefs. "Uh, Nerris have you picked up the right bag?" He asked.

Nerris seemed confused but before she could respond Harrison pulled off the magician hat, that he still wore, and rummaged through to find another bag. "Is this what you were looking for?" He asked with a smug smile. Harrison was still a magic kid with extraordinary powers. He was still struggling with gaining his parents trust and still had not brought his brother back, no matter how hard he tried but overall he was quite happy. He wore a white shirt with a black waistcoat, dark grey trousers and yellow trainers.

Nerris seemed really pissed off with his magic, as usual. "Harrison for Merlins sake are you trying to show the whole school that bag!?" She asked as she quickly snatched it off him and gave the bag to Preston.