Prologue: "I Promise..."

•5 Years Ago•

A ten year old girl with dark blueish black hair and bluebell eyes ran downstairs, toward the front door.

Her mother turned to her while setting down a plate of freshly baked cookies, "Hi there sweet pea," she smiled, "Where are you heading off to?"

The girl turned around with a smile, "I'm going to meet Adrien at the park!" She giggled.

Her mother grabbed a cookie and handed it to her daughter, "Ok then, Marinette. Be back within an hour, ok? And ask Adrien if he'd like to join us for dinner."

Marinette grabbed the cookie with another giggle as she took a bite out of it, "Ok Mama! Love you!" She kissed her on the cheek before running out the door.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~

•Place Des Vosges Park: 3:30 PM•

Marinette reached the park and saw her best friend sitting at the fountain, staring at the ground. She started to grow a little worried. She had never seen Adrien look so upset.

She raced over and sat beside him, "Hey Adrien." She smiled, trying to make the mood better.

Adrien kept his gaze on the ground and it caused Marinette to frown, "Adrien...?" She placed her hand on his shoulder, "Are you ok?"

Adrien slowly looked at Marinette, "Mari... I need to tell you something..." he looked away with a sigh, "And I know you won't like this... I certainly didn't when father told me..."

"Wh-what is it..?" Marinette asked.

Adrien shrugged her hand off, "I'm moving..." he closed his eyes tightly, not daring to look her in the eyes. He didn't want to see her frown, and for him to be the cause of it.

Adrien's eyes shot open as he felt arms wrap around him. Mari... he thought with a sad expression. He returned the hug and the two friends continued to embrace each other.

"I promise Marinette.... this will not be the last time you see me... either I come back... or somehow you move to wherever father takes me... no matter how long it takes... I don't want to leave you..." Adrien whispered to her.

Marinette nodded slowly as she hugged Adrien tighter, "I-I don't want you to leave either, Adrien..." then she thought of a way to change the conversation, "Hey..." she let go of him, "Mama asked if you wanted to eat dinner with us tonight... Does that sound good?"

Adrien smiled softly at her, "Sounds wonderful..." he stood up and held out his hand, "Come on..." she took his hand, and they both began walking slowly to Marinette's house, talking about pretty much anything to clear their minds about what to expect within the new few days.

But little do they know... that something absolutely unexpected is only to come...