Chapter Seventeen: Late Night Talk

•Dupain-Cheng Residence: 7:35 PM•

After Luka dropping Marinette off back at home, the bluebell quickly ran up the stairs to her bedroom. She climbed up to her second trapdoor that led to her balcony.

Once reaching it, she called out to her kwami. "Tikki, spots on!"

Now Ladybug, she narrowed her eyes while swinging from building to building.

She had been trying to find Chat, that maybe just maybe.. he could tell her why he had been acting the way he did toward Luka.

There was something about him that made Ladybug curious... and she wanted answers.

Finally, she found Chat sitting crisscrossed with his elbows on his knees, head in hands.

Deciding to be sneaky, once she reached the rooftop he was on, she crouched down on all fours, and stealthily crawled toward him.

That was when Ladybug quickly placed both hands onto his shoulders, "Heya kitty."

Releasing a gasped yell, Chat swiftly turned around. As a defensive instinct, he wrapped his arms tightly around Ladybug's waist and rammed directly into her. He had her pinned by the wrists above the head.

"Oh..." Chat's eyes widened slightly. "I'm sorry m'lady... it was only you..."

Realizing the way Chat was on top of her, Ladybug immediately blushed and hit him in the chest. "Get off," she said annoyingly.

His weight lifted off of her as he stood, holding a hand down to her.

Ladybug raised a brow. No flirty comment or pun? This was certainly a shock.

She took his hand as he pulled her up to her feet. Ladybug brushed her costume off in case any unwanted dirt pieces from the roof had clung to her. As she did this, Chat already sat back down, but this time his feet were dangling.

A sudden gentle gust of wind came through, causing Ladybug's dark blue hair to flow through the wind. She watched as Chat's sandy blond hair did the same.

She walked over and sat beside him, staring up at the night sky.

Chat released a sigh, "Have you ever fallen in love with two people at once?" He asked.

What a sudden question. It sunk deeply within Ladybug's chest. Have you ever fallen in love with two people at once?

Ladybug didn't want to reply to such a personal question... maybe because she didn't like her own answer.

But despite what she decided, the words were already slipping out of her mouth. "Yes... I have..." she turned to him. "Why?"

Chat clenched a single fist, "I made a mistake tonight..." he sighed. The look of guilt shown deeply in his eyes. "I was patrolling, and ran into a couple civilians.. I got into a miniature argument with one of them, a boy... and the girl... well..."

Ladybug listened intently, desperate to hear him finish.

"I can't really say much so my identity isn't revealed... but.. basically I'm someone she knows and trusts.. I think I like her... but I felt like I messed up.. because the look on her face told me that she was afraid of me.."

Ladybug tensed. Of course she wasn't afraid of Chat... if anything he was important to her. He always listened to her whenever she needed him. He was like a best friend to her whenever Adrien wasn't around.

"I also like someone else..." Chat shook his head, eyes clouding up with even more guilt. "I just don't want to betray them both..."

Ladybug wanted to tell him the same exact thing. That she liked two people at the same time. But that wasn't fair to Adrien.. especially after the kiss they shared a couple days ago. Nor Luka for that matter.