Uncharted Waters

It's so cold tonight. 

Her voice resonated. Michael felt his fingers going numb while he followed her to the bedroom. He could feel her hand on his, but when he looked down, it didn't feel like that was his hand. Was he going mad?

Diana guided him inside, never turning the lights on. She let go of his hand to close the door behind them as he vaguely looked around the dark room. The king size bed in front of him looked heavenly, but at the same time it was strangely intimidating, and he felt a lump beginning to form in his throat.

Everything around him seemed embedded in a fog, which only became denser when he felt her slow hands sliding from his waist to his chest as she rested her chin on his shoulder from behind. 

His knees almost buckled when her delicate lips barely touched the side of his neck.

"I'm sorry I don't have a change of clothes for you either." She murmured. Her fingers played with a button of his shirt.

Michael tried to swallow whatever it was that made him unable to speak.

"I don't mind." He managed to say in an unstable voice.

His eyes rolled back when her lips closed on his neck, gently sucking before she pulled back to whisper on his skin.

"Maybe you should just..." Her fingers tucked the buttons of his shirt. But she left them in place.

Michael lowered his eyes to watch her delicate hands on his chest. It seemed like her fingers were made of hot coal, and each inch she touched was left burning up.

He raised his own hands, wanting to feel hers. He wanted to certify his mind she was really there, that those were really her hands, and that the hot breath he felt close to his ear in fact came from the mouth of the woman he was madly in love with.

But before he could touch her, Diana withdrew her hands. She slowly walked away from him, heading to the bathroom. 

"I hope you also don't mind if I change these." She said as she walked, leaving the door half open.

Michael used the time to somehow try to stabilize his breathing. The faint light coming from the bathroom shone upon his feet, and it seemed to absorb him. His eyes couldn't focus on anything other than the thin crack on the door, even though he couldn't see anything.

His mind painted the image of her naked body inside the bathroom, and he felt the unsettling throbbing down his pants. He shifted on his feet uncomfortably, adjusting himself in his jeans, hoping it wouldn't be so strikingly evident for her to notice.

What felt like years later, Diana walked out from the bathroom. She was wearing a black silk nightgown that covered her legs only halfway pass her thighs. 

Michael froze on his feet. He didn't even try to deviate his direct gaze at her legs, and his eyes followed her as she made her way to the bed. He watched as she methodically pushed the white covers and sat on the left side of it.

"Come darling, it's late." She called him softly, laying under the covers.

Inertia proved itself very difficult to overcome when you had little control over your own muscles. But when he finally took the first step, inertia acted on his favor.