Break of Dawn

Marry me.

A moment of silence hovered the room, the only sound was that of Michael's soft breathing close to her ear.

Diana had closed her eyes, and her hands laid on his nape. Her fingers started faintly caressing along his spine, making him shiver. But the pace of his breathing didn't change, and his heartbeats were strong and steady against her chest as her fingers slowly trailed down his back.

He was still inside of her, but he had stopped moving completely. His hand rested on the side of her thigh and it was almost as if he had fallen asleep on top of her, if it weren't for those two short words hanging over them.

"I love you... " He whispered in her ear when the silence started weighting. "So.. so much..."

A soft smile started to form on Diana's lips. She brought her hand up to play with his earlobe while her other hand kept moving on his nape.

"I love you too." She murmured. "You know I do."

Michael's heart skipped a beat at her words. He'd heard them before, but this made it sound completely different. A part of him vaguely imagined he would be bothered by her previous silence later, even though the words had flown out of his mouth without a second thought. But right now, nothing could take the feeling of absolute bliss that dominanted his body. The woman of his dreams had just made love to him. And now she was telling him she loved him. He was floating.

His soft lips started kissing her ear again, and he dragged them to her cheek, until they finally reached her lips. He met her loving eyes, and all he could think of was how lucky he was that those perfect orbs were directed at him, and that he was the reason she had that look on her face.

Diana traced one of his brows with her thumb. Outside the window in her room, the darkness of the night merged with the city lights that were barely noticeable behind the dense curtains. The wind still howled outside, as if it demanded to be a part of their moment.

"Lay here by my side." She whispered, her left hand on the matress, inviting him.

He stared at her hand for a second, absentmindedly trying to postpone separating his body from hers.

Holding his breath, Michael pulled himself out of her. His mostly dormant terminations protested, making him clench his jaw lightly.

He moved carefully beside her, resting his head on the soft pillow again. Diana naturally adjusted herself next to him, resting her head on a small vacant space on the pillow above his shoulder. He placed his right arm over his stomach to give her more space. She rested her palm over the back of his hand and he placed his other on top of hers. The tip of her nose barely touched his cheek while she studied his profile in the volatile darkness. Michael had his eyes closed, breathing calmly through his nose.

"How do you feel?" She asked softly.

A slight, silly grin timidly appeared on the corner of his lips, and it grew larger by the second, until he started chuckling quietly by her side.

"What?" Diana smiled fondly at him.

Michael turned his face to her, the smile on his lips gradually faded while his gaze gave her all the answers she needed. He inched closer, resting his forehead on hers.

"I feel complete." He still answered anyway.

And there was no better word to describe it. He was complete. But it also felt like his body wasn't only his anymore. It was sealed, it was hers. And it wasn't only him anymore, a part of her was inside him, just like a part of him was inside her. He finally understood why people did crazy things for love. This was worth everything.