Crazy Train

(Emma's POV)

After my father left the room, I turned to my friends. A smile spread across my face. When I held out my hands, Ezekiel handed me my sketch book and a pencil. My hands raced, as my eyes darted back and forth. I held my breath until the sketch was complete. On the page was an open window, a train track, the statue of liberty, a square with a clock on the inside of it, and a castle.

"What does that mean?" Ezekiel asked.

"It means we are going to New York City," Alec said, as he grabbed his book bag.

I grabbed my bookbag, and packed some extra clothes for us girls, along with a map, and my father's credit card. When he gave it to me, he told me to use it for emergencies. This definitely seemed like an emergency. Ezekiel packed his bag with clothes, snacks, and the special drinks our parents had made for us. Alec also grabbed some special drinks, clothes, his gameboy, and his sisters phone.

"Are we all set?" I asked, as I pulled my bag over my shoulder.

"I think so," Alec said.

"Our parents are gonna be so mad," Selene said nervously.

"This is my sister. I want to help her. Please help me find her," Alec asked, as he took Selene's hand.

She smiled and nodded.

"For Ali," I said, as I put my hand out.

"For Ali," Everyone repeated, as they put their hands on mine.

Out the window went Ezekiel and Alec. I made sure the girls went out before me. We sat on the roof, as the boys climbed down the gutters. Once on the ground, they grabbed a ladder from the garage. They sat it against the side of the mansion, and held it while we climbed down.

I looked back at the house one last time, before clenching my sketch pad and pencil close to me. Ezekiel grabbed my arm, and pulled me along. We grabbed our bikes from the garage. Alec rode on the back pegs of Ezekiel's bike. I rode Ali's bike, even though it was too big for me. Willow rode my bike, and Selene rode Alec's bike.

After a few hours, we finally reached the outskirts of town, and arrived at the Grey Hound Train Station. Ezekiel walked up to the dark main desk, and peeked in the window. From the looks of it, it was empty.

"They're closed! Now what?" He asked.

"It looks like we are hitching a ride," I said, as hid Ali's bike in the woods.

Everyone followed my lead, and hid the other bikes. I made my way to the tracks, and laid down with my head on the tracks.

"What are you doing? You trying to get your head chopped off?" Ezekiel asked, as he tried to pull me away.

I pushed him away, and motioned for him to be quiet. Then I placed my head back on the tracks. Willow copied me, and we both laughed. The vibration tickled our ears.

"What does that mean?" Willow asked, as she rubbed her ears.

"It's close. So, here's the plan. You guys remember how we flung my mother out of the room earlier? What if we used that same energy on the train?" I asked.

"We can stop the train!" Ezekiel said excitedly.

"Yes, bird brain, I was getting there," I said, as I rolled my eyes.

"Why you gotta be mean for?" He asked, as he followed me to a hiding place by the tracks.

"Cause I'm your sister," I said with a smirk.