Viktor Nikiforov x FTM Trans!Reader - The Rink

TW - slightly explicit mentions of dysphoria

Dysphoria was never your friend. Still pre-transition, you still had those cursed bags of flesh resting on your rib cage, something missing down there, the pitch of your voice never seeming to be low enough, and your face, round and soft and cute. Every single time you pass a mirror, you'd look away, fearful of seeing something you didn't want to.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Today was a day that you took to stay home and mope, dysphoria again kicking your ass. Viktor was gone when you woke, meaning you had no one to keep the morning hatred away like usual. So, you stayed in bed and trying, and failing, to keep away those thoughts yourself. Clutching Viktor's pillow to your unbound chest, you tried to calm yourself with his lingering scent and failing. As tears began to form in your eyes,  you heard the door open. You knew who it was, but your grip on the pillow tightened regardless. You buried you face into it, hoping to keep away the tears and not worry him.

You hear the door to your room open and a chipper voice is heard, "[Y/N]! Are you up yet? I needed to get somethings from the supermarket and you were asleep. I didn't want to wake you up, you just looked so peaceful!" He continued to ramble and you calmed slightly at the sound of his voice. He seemed to notice this and stopped talking. You felt a hand on your back and the pillow was pulled softly away from your face. Crystal blue eyes, soft with worry and adoration for you, met yours. Realization joins the pools staring at you, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I forgot you get like this and... and I wasn't here and... oh no, are you okay?" He continues to ramble again, this time clearly very worried. He rises from beside and you stare at his pacing form, hands wringing through his hair.

You sat up, pillow still attached to your chest tightly. In a small voice, you whispered, "Can I... Can you just...hug me...please...?" Your voice getting more and more quiet with each word.

He paused, hands still in his hair and his eyes pointed towards you. His hands drop to his sides and he swiftly moves to your side again, "Of course," he says softly. The moment his arms made contact with you, the tenseness left your body, practically melting into him.

You sigh in content, placing the pillow to the side to lightly wrap your arms around him in return.

Viktor pulls away and smiles brightly at you in hopes of cheering you up, taking your face in his hands gently, "How about I take you to the rink? I need some practice anyways and I know watching me calms you."

Your eyes light up a bit, though your face remains unchanged. You nod. He nods back and kisses your forehead.

"I'll leave you to get dressed then," he said with one last hug, kissing your temple gently, and left the room.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
After arriving at the rink, you lean against the side, skates pressed against your ankle if you ever felt the need join your loving boyfriend. You closed your eyes and absorbed everything. The cold of the large room, the lovely scraping sound of skates against ice, the light music. Everything about this place calmed you, grounded you, reminded you that everything was okay because Viktor was there.

After a while, you opened your eyes to watch Viktor, the way he would glide across the ice was so magical. How he could land all those jumps was beyond you.

He eventually skated towards you, reaching out and holding your cold face in his gloved hands, kissing the tip of your cold, red nose. You giggle and hold his face in return, pecking his cold lips.

Pulling back, you stared at each other, eyes full of love and adoration for each other. His hands slid from you face down your sides, careful not to brush your binded chest knowing it would only upset you again. His hands rested at your hips, pulling you as close as the barrier would allow. Your faces approached each other and your lips connected in a soft and sweet kiss.

Needing air, you two pulled away. Panting lightly you both giggled. The giggles turned to light laughter and he pulled you closer into a hug. You hugged him back. No words were needed. You knew he would always be there for you to make you feel better. He knew you would be there for him to do the same.

Pressing his face into the side of your neck, you shiver, "Vik, your face is cold!" You said, trying to pull away from the hug.

You felt him smirk and he nuzzled his face further into your neck, leaving small, cold kisses here and there and his grip around your waist tightening.

After that round of teasing, he smiles at you, "How would you feel about visiting Japan?"
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Thank you for reading! This one shot was inspired by @.wewereborntowriteimagines on Tumblr. They did a match up with me based on info I gave them and I came up with this based on the result. Please check them out if you liked this because they do similar things! Thanks again!

6/27/18 edit: minor spelling mistakes, minor rewording, minor changes in sentences
7/19/18 edit: minor rewording, minor addition of words
12/8/18 edit: correction typos, minor rewording