Deadpool/Wade Wilson x FTM! Reader - You are a man

A/N: Just a quick note. When it comes to hero-based worlds were superpowers are normal, I won't be giving the reader a specific power/ability/quirk (in the case of BNHA) unless specified in the request and it pertains to the story in some way. Otherwise, the reader will have no explicitly stated power. Thank you and please enjoy! 

Also, there is explicit mention of the reader being misgendered in a way that could offend others per the request, so I couldn't leave it out. I did, however, bold and italicize it so it's easy to see in case you wanted to not read it. Besides that, there's very brief mentions of dysphoria that shouldn't be too upsetting but please tell me if it does and I'll be happy to bold and italicize it.

~

Fighting was never easy for you, both before and after becoming an Avenger. Transitioning from a vigilante to a "real hero" was definitely an interesting change, especially going along with another certain transition that made certain things much harder. Being a vigilante with a binder was horrible. Running into alleyways just to breathe mid-fight was one of your least favorite things. So when a certain "Merc with a Mouth," as some called him, ran into you during one of those fights and finished it off so you could catch a break for once, you became friends. He invited you into his apartment and helped you properly take care of yourself. He helped you out of your binder so you could breathe, and put his mask on backwards to assure you that he wouldn't see anything. He made you dinner. Well, what could be considered dinner. It was really just a couple of Hot Pockets each and a beer. You didn't care in the moment, though, food is food.

After that day, you two became great friends and he was delighted to hear you had become an Avenger. You still wore a binder from time to time, but Tony had managed to make you a suit that still kept your chest relatively well hidden while allowing proper breathing. However, it didn't hide everything and it made you slightly dysphoric, but you knew it was for your personal safety. 

Despite being an Avenger, you still liked to prowl around your old hunting ground with Wade and keep old ladies' purses from being stolen. Today's conflict was a little more complicated, as a man had an entire store's customers on the ground a bright blue hand to a small child's head. Electricity crackled at his finger tips and the child was in tears, with their mother being held back by another patron to prevent the both of them from getting hurt. It didn't look good, but Wade believed the two of you could handle it.

"Hey, I thought Electro was a Spiderman thing?" Wade yelled to the man, hands on his waist with you at his side, having no real idea of what he meant by that. Whatever it was, it made him angry.

"What do you know?! You don't know anything!" he yelled back frantically, his hand dangerously close to the child's head. They were sobbing now, ugly wailing that made you fear for their safety.

You nudge your friend in red, "Now's not the time for jokes, dammit."

"Right. Your plan then?"

You nod and look back to the man. He had a crazed look in his eye. He was jittery. Although his hand was near the child head, it was hesitant. He went into this and had no plan for if things didn't go his way. He won't kill that child, but he might still hurt them.

"Why don't you put the kid down and we can talk?" You say calmly, slowly inching closer to the man so as not alarm or scare him.

"When did talking ever do any good?" he yelled, his hand glowing brighter and sparkling more with his rage. The child, of whom had calmed down a small bit at the sight of you being a potential savior, began screaming and crying again.

You were scared now. His powers seemed to be linked to his emotions, or at least his mental state. Best keep him stable and as calm as possible.

"I know who you are!" He yelled, seeming a little more confident now, "You're that newer Avenger! All you Avengers do is kill, so what's stopping you?!" The way he spit the word 'Avenger' stung. You had continued to inch closer this whole time and he hadn't seemed to notice or at the very least, care.