That's My Boyfriend - S.S.

This part is dedicated to @Multi_Fandom360
Thank you for supporting me :] This one I wrote for you. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it! 😊😁

As you sit at the coffee shop table with your friend (friend/n), your phone suddenly dings with a new text message. You turned on your phone to the lock screen and look at who it's from, noticing your friend peaking not-so-subtlely over to see as well. You had told her before to keep her nose out of your phone but her curiosity always got the better of her.

Turns out, the message was just from your boss, telling you there was no need to come into work tomorrow. You smiled as you turned off your phone and started to put it back on the table.

"Wait!" F/n stopped you as you were about to set your phone down. You freeze and look at her with wide eyes at her random outburst, making them wider in surprise and confusion when you find her gazing at you wildly.

"What was that?!" You glance to the left and the right as you stay rigid in your seat.

"What was what?" You ask, confusion evident in your tone. Your friend scoffs like it's obvious what she's freaking out about.

"You know what!"

"No, f/n, I really don't," you say as you shake your head. She lets out a frustrated huff of air and scowls dramatically at you, to which you just return an even more confused and surprised face.

"Your lock screen," she explains, her voice exasperated. You furrow your eyebrows, still not getting it.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Let me see it! You need to explain!"

"What?! Why?! Explain what?!"

"Oh just give me your phone," she grumbles as she reaches for it in your hand. You just let her take it, still baffled. She presses the home button and you see the screen light up her face faintly as a smirk quickly plays on her face. That tells you she is thinking again and that's never a good thing.

"Care to tell me who this is?" She says with that evil, knowing grin as she turns the phone around to show you a picture of you and Sebastian. It's a selfie you took recently from the last time you hung out. You really liked how it turned out so you made it your lock screen. You hadn't thought it would be a big deal but, apparently, you were wrong.

No matter what f/n thinks she sees, she's wrong. You and Sebastian are friends, have been since filming for Captain america: The Winter Soldier was underway. Nothing could change that. But if you tell f/n that, you're certain she won't believe you. You don't feel like working tirelessly--without much success--to convince her that you and Sebastian aren't anything even remotely related to an item. Plus, she shouldn't have been so nosey and all up in your business.

 Plus, she shouldn't have been so nosey and all up in your business

You decide to be a little evil and teach her a lesson. Time to play with this moment.

"That's my boyfriend," you say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. This is going to be so hilarious you think to yourself. F/n's smirk and jaw drop and she stares at you with wide eyes. She has always been very dramatic when it came to... well, anything. She looks back at the picture of the two of you then back to your blank face.

"Nuh-uh." You laugh a little and glance around.

"Uh, yeah," you say as if there was no question about it. She continues to look at you dumbfounded.

"For real?"

"No," you state plainly. It takes her a second to process what you said. She pauses then closes her mouth and cocks her head to the side as she stares at you seriously, obviously irritated you messed with her. You let your smile shine through, not regretting your decision in the least and giggle. That reaction was priceless.

"Y/n Y/middle/n Y/last/n," she says sternly as you try to hide your giggles behind one of your hands. You look at her through your lashes as you continue to laugh.

"Why would you do that to me? You know I have very strong emotions! You shouldn't play with them so flippantly!" she says with a pouty face. You laugh once again at her childish reaction.

"Oh, please! It was a joke. And you were jumping to conclusions. I knew you wouldn't believe me, so I just decided to mess with you. Besides, you were butting into my business again. How many times have I told you to stay out of it?" You ask her with a smile on your face to show you're just playing.

"That's not the point--"

"Don't change the subject. I've told you countless times to mind your own business but you never listen. So not only was this for my amusement, it was also my way of teaching you a lesson," you say with a knowing look to your face accompanied by a kind smile. She returns it with an over-done glare and her lips pressed together in a thin line.

"Fine, you're right. I'm sorry, I should have minded my own business," she says, suddenly dropping her glare and holding up her hands in surrender. She quickly turns it around on you, though, sending you another glare through narrowed eyes.

"But you still shouldn't have done that. I hate you." You laugh heartily.

"Join the club," you say with a smile as you and f/n stand from your seats and gather your things to leave.

♡♡♡

"And then I said, 'No,' like it was the most obvious thing in the world and--" you take a moment to laugh as you retell the story of last Friday with f/n to Sebastian. "You should've seen her face! It was hysterical! It's like it took her a second to process what I said! The whole thing was priceless," you end with a sigh, looking back to Sebastian who is smiling and rolling his eyes as you both walk down the busy downtown streets.

"Y'know, you better not keep telling people I'm your boyfriend 'cause eventually somebody's gonna actually believe you and you'll have a lot of explaining to do. The press are already making assumptions with us hanging out, y'know," he warns with a smile and looks to the side at you. You brush off his cautioning with a wave your hand and a smile.

"Don't worry, it was only for the one time. But, boy, was it worth it," you say with another laugh coming through your mouth to meet the New York air. Sebastian grins widely next to you as he watches his path ahead of him.

"It does sound like it was pretty hilarious," he laughs with you. The both you continue your walk through the city, laughing at the memory and making new ones. You also took new selfies to put on your lock screen. You were definitely going to tease f/n with them later.

Sorry, that wasn't as a good an ending as I wanted it to be but it's the best I could do while still adding Sebastian without making it longer than the Great Wall of China. 😂 So hope you liked it! I actually did this to someone a year or two ago maybe. It wasn't exactly like this but it was still funny. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think! 😁