Incident #5

"We're not supposed to see each other until the ceremony," Camila whispered, staring at her soon-to-be wife.

Lauren just smiled, winking. She leaned forward and kissed Camila's nose. "I can't wait to marry you."

Camila sighed dreamingly. "Today is the date."

"Today is the date," Lauren responded.

Camila was going to lean in and kiss Lauren, when their bedroom door burst opened. They looked over only to get pulled from the bed by Normani and Dinah.

"You're getting married!"

Lauren smiled fondly. "I'm getting married."

"To me," Camila said, while Dinah dragged her out of the room. "I love you!"

"I love you too!"

-

Lauren's fingers tapped against her dress. Her heart was fluttering. She was an hour away from marrying Camila. She looked over at Normani, who was driving.

"I'm in love Mani," Lauren gushed, letting her head fall back against the headrest.

Normani smiled. "I'm really happy for you and Mila."

"All she had to do was get her mom to hit me with her car," Lauren whispered, looking at her best friend.

"You probably have the best how we met story."

Lauren just laughed, her mind going back to that day.

-

"I'm getting married!" Camila screamed, raising her arms out the window.

Dinah laughed and just cheered loudly.

Once the crazy energy was gone, Camila and Dinah sat in silence. One driving and the other looking out into the field on her right.

"Lauren and I are getting married," Camila whispered, tears in her eyes.

"It's your wedding day and one month accident free anniversary," Dinah said, smiling.

"Today is perfect, be careful."

Dinah scoffed. "Unlike you, I haven't gotten into any accidents."

Camila was about to respond when the car hit another.

"Damn it Dinah!"

"Damn it Normani!" They heard from the other car.

Dinah started to laugh. She got out of the car and walked to the other driver. "Hey Mani."

"Hey DJ."

"We have to get to the ceremony!"

Dinah ran back to the car and tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't.

"Fuck."

Camila closed her eyes. She looked at the passenger seat of the other car and felt her breath leave. She got out of the car and walked to Lauren, who was watch her with a soft smile.

"Am I dead?"

Lauren laughed. "No, why?"

"I thought you only saw angels when you died," Camila said, a loving smile on her face.

"Please tell me Lauren didn't use that line," Normani said, getting out of her car.

Camila grabbed Lauren's hand. "We have to go."

"My car won't turn on," Normani said, giving the girls a sad smile.

Camila sighed. "I guess we can't get married today."

Lauren looked up. "As long as we're still together, it's okay."

"There is something we have to you. We knew something like this was going to happen so Mani and I planned it. We never paid for the location."

Lauren laughed loudly. "Was this your plan?"

"God no. You two have bad luck. Of course this was going to happen."

Both girls laughed, and turned to each other. Dinah and Normani went to call everyone else, leaving the soon-to-be married couple alone. Lauren got out of the car to stand with the love of her life.

Camila grabbed Lauren's hands, staring at her. "Just like prom?"

Lauren smiled, looking into Camila's eyes. She leaned down until her forehead was pressed against Camila's.

"Just like prom," Lauren whispered, closing her eyes.

Lauren and Camila were pulled away as guests started to park around.

Camila looked at Dinah, (the males in the families had pitched two tents for the brides). "It's happening."

"Let's go."

Taking a deep breath, Camila walked out of the tent. She could hear the usual wedding song played in some Beats Wireless Speaker. She looked around, seeing the friends and families sitting around. Her eyes went to Lauren, who was standing at the alter. Camila inhaled sharply, looking at Lauren. The other woman was looking at her as if she was the only in the whole field.

Camila didn't look at Ally, who became ordained as a precaution, her eyes stayed on Lauren.

I love you, Lauren mouthed.

Camila repeated it.

"Hey, Camren, vows?" Ally said, getting their attention.

Lauren laughed. She reached over and grabbed Camila's hands. "I'm going to keep this short or else we would be here forever. You, Camila, you crashed into my life six years ago. I don't remember everything in our lives because of all the concussions, but one thing I won't ever forget is that I love you. No one understands me like you do. And marrying you today, is not only my dream come true but a promise to be faithful, to love you. I can't protect you though, but I do promise to get between you and any car I can. I love you."

Camila laughed, looking up at Lauren. "Our insurance must love this. I love you so much. My life changed when my mom hit you. You're the best thing in my life. I promise you everything you promise you me, and more. Lauren, you are my world. You are my everything. I promise to be the first person you see when you wake up after a car accident. I promise to stick around, no matter how many times you hit your head. I promise to have you the first person in my mind after my car accidents. I promise to love no one as much as I love you."

"Except our kids," Lauren whispered, smiling.

"Except our kids. I promise to love them just as much as I love you."

"I promise forever," Lauren whispered, smiling at Lauren.

"Does anyone object to this marriage?" Ally asked, looking around.

There was no response.

"Then the power invested in me by themonastery dot org, I announce you wife and wife. You may kiss your wife," Ally said, signaling for both women.

Camila and Lauren just leaned forward and ket their lips connect. Lauren's hand rested on Camila's cheek. Camila leaned into Lauren.

The newly wedded couple pulled apart. "I love you," Lauren whispered.

"I love you too," Camila repeated, looking into the green eyes of the love of her life.

-

There is an Easter egg for incident #6.