Take Me By The Hand And Tell Me You'd Take Me Anywhere *An Al Potter Love Story*

At 6 AM, every day in school, I would pull myself out of my bed, push myself into the shower and shove my clothes on. I’d brush my long straight blonde hair and pin my bangs-that-aren’t-really-even-bangs back with a clip. And lace up my old sneakers. I’d be out of the Ravenclaw dorm before the girls’ alarms went off.

I was an orphan; a doorstop drop on the Girls’ Home when I was approximately six months old. I got my Hogwarts letter when I turned about 11..I didn’t know my birth date; so I just assumed. I shopped secondhand, with babysitting money and wide eyes. My first steps through Hogwarts were shaky, not reassured in the slightest when standing amongst the other first years; not when my classmates were People Like Rose Weasley, Albus Potter, or Scorpius Malfoy. So I was sorted into Ravenclaw and gladly settled into the footwork, doing homework, progressing through the library and observing.

Naturally, something just had to change.

Professor McGonagell had hoped I wouldn't mind tutoring since I was a Good Kid and I had limited extracurricular activities. In fact, she was sure that the student I would be so selflessly helping would be absolutely thrilled to get me into some Clubs and Teams and Parties, since School should be balanced on Academic and Social Lives based upon the students' needs.

And who, pray tell, is the O generous one who I shall be giving the gift of education?

"Who will I be tutoring, Professor?"

"Miss Rose Weasley. Your first meeting will be tonight in the library before dinner, at five. She desparately needs help on the comprehension as well as the literall part of the spells. Now, you better get to Charms, musn't be late to your Head of House."

Rose Weasley?

The Great and Almighty Rose Weasley of London?

Okay, first of all her name: Rose Weasley. Screams royalty, right? She is spawned from a long line of Weasleys and Grangers, her parents being The Ron and Hermione, Parents During the Week, Savers of the World on Weekends. She's the height of popularity because she's friends with all the Fames of the school (the Longbottoms, the Potters, even the Malfoys) well, at least aquantinces with them.

And she's beautiful. Long auburn hair, always smoothed back perfectly with a headband or into a bun or ponytail. Green green eyes, freckled-but-not-too-freckled skin, and a very very pretty voice. Many people who look pretty, normally don't sound pretty. But Rose The Magnificent sounds exceedingly amazing, even when she's laughing too hard or sick.

But here's the catch; she's nice. If she was a snob, at least people could depsise her in peace. But no, she was Raised Properly and treats her best friends as well as her lowly Potions partner, who tries to sabotage her potions every lesson and puts dried worms in her hair.

She's never spoken two words to me, but I wouldn't hold that against her. One second spent speaking to Someone Like Me, and the Popularity Rug can be swooshed out from under your feet.

I shoved some hair behind my ear and slid into Charms.

Rose was a few minutes late and breathless. I assumed she had been Doing Good Works, like rescuing first years from malicious Slytherins or repainting the Great-

"I am so sorry I'm late! I fell asleep in the Common Room again."

"It's fine." No biggie! Don't veg out on me, girlfriend!

"I don't know if we've ever met- I'm Rose Weasley." She stuck out her hand, all-busniess like.

"Rae Ward."

"Thank you so much for helping me out with this." She plopped down next to me, her backpack landing with a thud on the table. "My test scores have been dropping so low, my mom actually suggested classes in the summer. The summer!" She pulled out three books on Transfiguration and a piece of parchment. "But Professor McGonagell told me that you're one of the smartest people in class! So I'm sure I'll understand in no time!" She sent me a giant grin, showing teeth and everything.