The Gathering

Heya everyone it's been a while.

I know I haven't updated in like a month and I'm sorry to have kept you waiting for the update as I got really busy. To compensate for it this one is going to be a long chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it.

As usual forgive me for the strange grammars and typos

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

The night air was cool but not too cold to be considered freezing. Chilly breeze ran pass through the tree's making smooth rustling sounds that echoed throughout the castle. Midoriya shuddered from the cold breeze as he opened the wooden doors of his chambers. The entire hall was silent with only the flickering of fire resounding in the empty halls.

Unable to sleep because of the looming thoughts in his mind Midoriya found himself wandering around the castle grounds. Guards greeted him and inquired if he needed any assistance to which he had declined in favor of wallowing himself in his reminiscences of his childhood in his home.

Soon, at the first break of the daylight he would leave this place – his home- and leave for Avalis.

Towers, turrets, stone steps, massive oak doors, steeply twisting spiral staircases, ancient stone walls, circular rooms in towers, great hall for feasting, long oak table, rich tapestries of emerald green and gold hung on the walls, suits of armor standing guard, coat of arms, swords crossed on the wall, dank steps twisting down to dark dungeons, narrow passageways, windows like great slits in the thick walls, central open air courtyard, moat choked with weeds, colossal oak draw bridge on iron chains, reflection of castle in moat.

Everything about this place – big or small – was his very core that made his being and leaving this place made him felt so lonely and empty as how the darkness envelope the surroundings but alas it wasn't a decision that he could selfishly make. He knew it for himself that for the peace that they have won through countless gruesome battles was nothing but short lived.

Was it a cruel joke from fate or a blessing that he was just given the opportunity to make this peace last even just a bit more longer so long as he lives or make it so that there would never once again be chaos to befall the land. It was a great chance, but to do so he had once again had to sacrifice himself for it.

Not that he hated doing things for the greater good but what makes him so unsettled was how it's going to happen. The prospect of marriage to keep peace between countries felt so political and cold for his liking and he couldn't help but dread on the upcoming ball.

He took a turn and following the stone path that leads him outside. The training ground located at the east wing of the castle. But even though it was called a training ground, it looks more as if it was a garden with all the beautiful plants adorning the landscape.

In the middle of it stood a pavilion with granite columns serving as a foothold for its roof. The braziers and torches used to illuminate the place was just sitting there, leaving only the moon's light to illuminate the place. It used to be a place where he would spar with his father, mentors and brother.

With the autumn night and the cold wind, the place felt so empty but nonetheless he took a sword from the stand, a smile slips in his face as the familiar cold of metal touch his skin and weight of the sword reminded him so much of his training.

Midoriya drew the sword and settled into the ready stance Toshinori had taught him when they first sparred. With excruciating slowness, he looped the sword over his head and brought it back down with both hands, as if to cleave an enemy's helm. He held the pose for a second. Keeping his motion under complete control, he pivoted to the right—twisting swords point to parry an imaginary blow—then stopped with rigid arms.