Part 35

*Selena's POV*

"Go ahead and sign right here," our realtor said giving me a pen.

I signed right under Justin's name before he smiled at us.

"So just drop by my office next week and I will give you the keys to your new house. Congratulations, Mr. Bieber and Ms. Gomez," he said shaking our hands.

Even though we bought the house brand new and it looked done, there was a few more things the builders wanted to do before giving up the keys and letting us fully settle in.

"I can't believe we have to stay with your dad for another week!" Justin groaned as we all piled back in the car.

"Oh stop. He's not that bad. Plus, it's really not a week cause we still have to go to California for court," I said dismissing him.

"About that..." Justin started tightening his hands on the steering wheel.

"Yeah?" I asked looking over at him confused.

"Are we still going through with the divorce?"

I let out a giggle. "Of course, why wouldn't we?"

I heard as he sighed. "I just thought that because we got back together...I don't know."

"You're back together?!" Emma yelled from the back seat, sitting up in her chair.

"Great, thanks," I mumbled annoyed that Justin would have said that in front of Emma.

"Sel, I'm sorry okay? I forgot she was in the car," he said as we pulled up to the house.

I got out without saying another word and went straight inside.

"That was pretty fast," my dad said looking up from the rug where he was laying with Bentley. "Did you like the house? Was there a lot of land?"

"Yeah, it was great," I said monotone going to sit on the sofa behind them.

"What happened?" he asked sitting up.

Right as I opened my mouth to speak, Justin walked in carrying Emma.

He set her down before locking eyes with me. "Can we talk?" he asked.

I sighed and knew I was going to have to sooner or later.

"Go get your swim suit on first," he said with a very light smile.

I went into the room doing as told and putting on my swim suit. After I changed I put my clothes over it and went out standing next to him.

"Thanks for looking after the kids. We shouldn't be longer than 3 hours," Justin said.

"3 hours?! Where are you taking me?" I asked as Justin gently pushed me out the door.

We got in the car and he still didn't answer me.

We drove for a quite some time before he pulled down a dirt road.

"Are you taking me to be murdered?" I asked watching out the window.

Before he answered he pulled up to a little lake.

"How did you remember this?" I asked as I stepped out of the car.

"How could I forget the place where I first told you I loved you?" he countered walking towards the water.

*Justin's POV*

On one hand I brought Selena here to remind her of the love we used to have. On another hand, I really just wanted somewhere where we could talk alone, and seeing that I didn't know a lot of places in the Grand Prairie area, I brought her here.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Selena had brought me to her dad's house to introduce me to him for the very first time. I remember being so nervous but feeling silly after it was over because there was nothing to worry about.

We had chatted for a while before I asked Selena if we could go somewhere private so I could talk to her alone. She nodded and told her dad that we were going out.

We took the drive down to the same lake that I brought us to today. It looked pretty much the same. Just a little body of water, surrounded by woody area.

We sat down on a log nearby just watching the water. Then I just blurted out that I loved her.

She was ecstatic; she said that she loved me back. We kissed and went swimming.

It wasn't the most romantic way to say that I loved her but it was true and I was tired of holding it in. That was a memory that I would always have.

"That was, what, 5 years ago?" Selena asked looked around the area.

I nodded and took a seat on the same log where the magic happened.

"We were so in love, so naïve."

"The only thing that's changed is we are a little less naïve and we have kids now," I said with a shrug.

"That's all? You really think we love each other now the way we did then?" she asked.

"I know I do. I always loved you Selena. Nothing will ever make me stop," I said truthfully.

"I'm sorry I've been so hard on you," she said plopping down next to me.

I wrapped my arm around her. "I get it. You have a lot going on but you aren't in it alone. I'm right here with you."

"I know," she sighed leaning into me.

I kissed her head looking out at the water again.

"I'm not leaving you. Not now and not ever. I still love you at much as the first time I told you."

"I do too," she said looking up at me with a sweet smile.