Part 58

Stronger

Part 58

*Selena's POV*

"Emma how was your day? Did you have fun at school?" I asked as I tore up pieces of my chicken nuggets from McDonalds for Bentley.

Emma shrugged her shoulders and she picked up another fry and sheepishly popping it in her mouth.

"Did y'all make friends?"

"I did!" Jachito said happily eating his food.

"Really? That's great baby. What are their names?"

"Um...I can't remember," he said causing me to laugh and turn to an imaginary Justin.

Since the fight I hadn't talked to Justin. He had tried to call me a few times but I refused to answer my phone.

"Y'all eat. And don't move," I said standing up walking away from the table but staying where I could still see them.

Once again my phone went off and I let it ring twice before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Voicemail again," he sighed. "Sel look I'm sorry. I just, I want you to come home. I was out of line and I'm sorry. Please come home. Call me back."

"Jay, it's me," I said.

"Selena?" He asked. "I-I didn't think you'd answer."

"Look, I'm coming home okay. We can talk it out after we put the kids to bed cause I don't want them to see us fight okay? Do you want me to pick you up something to eat?"

"Sure. Just a Big Mac please," he said.

"Okay. I'll be home soon."

After I got off the phone the kids were done eating. I ordered Justin food before getting everyone in the car and driving back home.

"Emma are you okay? You've been really quiet," I noted looking in the rearview mirror.

She nodded and went back to looking out the window silently.

We got home soon after and got everyone and everything out of the car.

As we walking into the house we saw justin sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands.

"Here," I said giving him the bag of food. "Go get ready for bed Emma and Jachito."

I walked with them up the stairs as I parted to go to Bents room to get his pajamas on for bed.

I kissed his head and laying him down turning off the lights to go tuck in the kids.

I wrapped Jachito up in the blanket and kissed his head and prayed with him before telling him goodnight and turning on his night light as I left.

When I walked into Emma's room however it looked as if Justin has beat me.

"Goodnight princess," he said kissing her before turning shocked to see me there.

"I'll be down in a second I said walking past him to do our nightly routine with Emma.

As I stated to pray with her she began to squirm which was weird.

"Okay what is the matter," I said stopping mid prayer.

Her little body began to shake as she started to stutter.  "D-daddy already p-prayed. You c-canceled out my prayer. N-now I-I'm gonna have b-bad dreams," she cried out.

I sighed as reprayed again so everything would be okay and evened out.

"Goodnight Emmaleigh," I said turning off the light as I escaped the room.

*Justin's POV*

I sat patiently on the sofa as I waited for Selena to come down stairs.

"Let's talk," she said as she descended the stairs.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted like that. You had every right to write that song and even put it out. I know that it was leaked and I shouldn't have blamed you," I rushed trying to get in my part before she completely chewed me out.

"I'm sorry too," she said sitting down on the love seat. "For the song and for yelling at you and leaving and being so cold."

"I deserved it all," I said hanging my head.

"No you didn't. You were right to be mad at me for that song. It crossed the line but I never meant for it to come out and even if I was going to release it I would have told you first."

"Sel I know I hurt you. And you know I'm really sorry for that. That's the stupidest thing I've ever done. I guess just hearing it really put it in perspective and I used the anger I felt towards myself for making you feel that way on you and it wasn't your fault. I'm sorry okay?" I said opening my arms for her.

She sluggishly got up and fell into my arms as I wrapped them around her.

"I hate fighting with you," she said into my chest.

I nodded and rubbed my hand against her back. "Me too baby. I wasted a whole day fighting with you."

"Come on let's go to bed," she said wiggling out of my arms to grab my hand.

"I have something better planned," I said throwing he over my shoulder as I ran up the stairs.

"Jay we can't. The kids are right down the hall!" she said with a giggle.

"Baby why fight if we can't have make up sex," I grinned evilly as I threw her into the bed climbing on top of her.