Part 36

*Justin's POV*

"Come on let's get back. It will be getting dark soon," I said as I walked out of the cool lake water.

I shook the extra water from my body making it go everywhere and as a result, causing Selena to laugh.

I helped Selena get wrapped up in the towels that I brought for us.

"Thank you," she said with a smile as we settled back into the car.

"You know I'd do anything for you. You don't have to thank me."

"Do you remember when we had Texas in California?" Selena laughed. "You got that pick-up truck and took me out to that house in the middle of nowhere?"

I laughed rolling my eyes. "How could I forget? We feel asleep under the stars, just wrapped up in each other."

"That was really great. We should do that sometime when we move into the house. We can make a path through the wood to a clearing just for us," she said.

"Like a hiding place. Or a super exclusive club," I said with a chuckle.

"Exactly."

"So what's on the agenda for this evening?" I asked driving down the road.

She looked down at her phone to see what time it was before answering me. "Well, my dad should be starting the barbeque right about now. Some of the family is coming over and then we will play the family football game."

"Football game?" I asked glancing over at her.

She nodded and smiled. "Every time the family gets together we play a family football game."

"We gonna be on the same team?" I asked with a smirk.

She let out a laugh and touched my arm gently. "That's cute babe. Couples aren't allowed to be on the same team. Family rules."

Sitting there in the drivers seat I realized that she thought she was going to beat me. In that moment, it didn't matter how much I loved that girl, I had to beat her; to prove a point of course.

"You are so on Ms. Gomez. You are going down," I said with a flirty wink as I pulled up to the house.

-

"Are you sure there's nothing I can help you with sir?" I asked for the fifth time just to be sure.

"Justin I've got it. It's fine really," Selena's dad said turning back to the grill that was filled with burgers and hot dogs.

I figured that was his way of saying 'leave me alone' so I grabbed a beer out of the ice chest and took a seat on the patio sofa next to Jay, Selena's cousin's husband.

"Man, long time no see," he said nudging me with his elbow.

I took a long swig of the beer I was holding nodding at the same time.

We sat in silence for a minute before I sat up a little bit to turn to him. "Do you think Ricardo doesn't like me?"

"I think Priscilla's calling me," he said in a hurry to get away.

"Jay, I'm serious."

I watched as he sighed and took his seat back. "I mean, you hurt his daughter, in front of everyone, on her wedding day. If that was my daughter I would have killed the guy with my bare hands. So if you think about it, he's actually taking it pretty well."

"Well this is going to be interesting," I said with a sigh.

*Selena's POV*

"I am so glad your back. I feel like I haven't seen you since you left with Bentley and Jake," Pricilla said as we lay across the bed that Justin and I were sleeping in.

"I know. It's only been like 6 months and it feels like everything has changed," I said shaking my head thinking back to everything that's happened.

"Speaking of change, what's going on with you and Justin?"

I sighed blushing lightly as I looked away. "We're just friend."

She glared at me like she didn't believe me on bit. "You really think I'm going to believe that?"

"Oh look at the time. Time for some football!" I yelled hopping off the bed.

I ran down the stairs before she could stop me and rushed out the back door.

"There you are! We have been looking everywhere for you. The game is about to start," Justin said as I approached him.

-

"DOWN! SET! HUT!" Justin yelled as he made the final play.

The score was tied and we were all working unbelievable hard to win cause no one wanted to lose.

Justin threw the ball to Jay as he ran down our homemade field in the backyard.

Somewhere in between Justin passing the ball and Jay running Pricilla seemed to get the ball into her grasp.

She threw the ball to me making me run the short distance to the endzone of our field.

"WE WON!" Pricilla yelled hugging my dad.

Both Justin and Jay sunk down in the grass breathing heavily.

"We won!" She repeated coming over to me.

"Thanks to you. That was amazing!" I said as we hugged and high-fived.

"Technically, that wasn't fair. It was 2 against 3. I'm not the best at math but that doesn't add up," Jay said out of breathe.

Pricilla and I both laughed as we walked over to them, joining them on the ground.

"I think it's pretty fair considering we had Selena on our team," my dad said with a laugh.

I huffed a breath. "Coming from the guy that's so old he could have died during the game."

"I am not that old," Dad said with an eyes roll as he walked inside.

"Old people," I said with a laugh.

"So are you going to rub it in my face that you won?" Justin asked.

I smiled and him. "I think losing to a girl was painful enough," I said with a wink.

"You are lucky I am so in love with you," he whispered seductively in my ear.

"You are right. We should probably go check on the kids. Great idea," I said trying to play it off as I stood up and dusted off going back inside.