Chapter 1: Death and dreams

No one's Pov:

A seventeen year old teenager girl with amethyst eyes named Samantha Manson, (but goes by Sam, unless you want to get a taste of her metal combat boots)  sniffs sadly as she waits in the waiting room on the hospital. Her hair was long and reached to her waist, she wore a dark purple top with long sleeves and jeans to hide the scars and tattoos on her shoulder and back, while at last wearing combat boots. She wore a silver DP necklace and along with it, was an engagement ring on a chain. The ring was silver, and on top of it was an amethyst that was sizable (but isn't too big) while small blue diamond surrounded it.

The girl tries to desperately remove the tears that had been running down to her cheeks, for she didn't want anyone to see her, when a large embrace from behind stopped her. She looked to her right shoulder to see none other than her fiancee and behind him, her best friends,  Danny, Tucker (who surprisingly was there) and Valarie.

The three friends had had changed since their freshmen year. Tucker, the tech-wiz of their group, grew some muscles as well as he hit a growth spurn, but hides it by slouching a bit. He still kept his glasses but improved them by adding some bit of technology there. He still contained his trusty PDA, but it was currently on his pocket. He ditched his hat and yellow sweater and replaced them with with a Rasta hat, which contained the color of his old clothing, and a baggy, long sleeved shirt and switched his commando shorts with baggy pants to hide all the muscle, which includes a six pack that could make a fair amount of girls to drool, scars and tattoos he gained over the years.

Valarie, the newest member of the team and lover of Tucker Foley, was one of the three fighters of the group and one of the two back ups. She was once, and still is the Red Huntress. For all of her freshmen and sophomore year, she hunted ghosts with hatred, but now, being a member of team Phantom, she surely changed. She gained more muscles and contained some scars but not as many as Tucker or any of the members of team Phantom thanks to her suit. But that will still earn suspicion so she wears long sleeves shirt and pants to hide them along with the tattoos.

Then there was her fiancee, Danny, the leader of the group and the one taking the most hits. He contains more scars than anyone of their group all together. he hit a huge growth spurn and hid it by slouching. He gained so much muscles, which included a perfectly strong ten pack, which could make any girl weak on their knees, but what Sam herself finds more attractive was his scars, for they were reminders of Danny's bravery for protecting not just the human realm, but the Ghost Zone as well. He was force to wear an extra baggy shirt and pants to hide his new physical look, for this would earn suspicion. And just like all of team Phantom, he contained tattoos, but hid them well. Since he and Tucker are the most bullied and are assume weakest around their school, Casper High, they had to pretend to be weak to avoid suspicion. Said boy gave the his fiancee a look of sympathy.

"It's alright to cry Sammy." Danny sooth as he turned her around to remove some tears. "You've stayed strong for a very long time. It's not healthy. Its alright to cry."

Sam, normally the one to protest, cried. The three friends looked sadly at the crying goth. Sam is not usually the type to break down like this, but no one can blame her one bit.

Her grandmother was dying.

The doctors told Ida Manson that she was at least to live another year. Since she was physically weak, she had to stay on the hospital. At least she'll still be alive by the time Sam and Danny get married and at least one of the quartet to turn eighteen before her time is over. Sam's human parents, Pamela and Jeremy Manson, had been trying to swoon over the elderly Manson to gain the favor of the Manson family fortune, but Ida knows well. The current owner of the Manson fortune claimed in her will that"Samantha Manson and her three friends" are to take over the company and the family fortune, while her"daughter-in-law and son" will have no rights to touch the fortune or be near the company unless they are given the permission of the new owners. Tucker is already laughing at the mental image of the two's reaction when they find out.