uno.

august 18th, 1986.
7:00 am.

taina's "tee" pov.

It's the first day of school. I just moved back to Charlotte from Hampton, Virginia. I originally stayed with my grandparents, but they passed away so I moved back in with my mother. I have a younger sister named Taina. "Hey T, you up?" Well, speak of the devil. "Yeah, I'm up. You best be ready by 7:30 cause that's when I'm leaving." I spoke softly. "Okay, okay. I also came in to tell you that breakfast is ready." She closed my door, walking back to her room. I previously took a shower, so all I need to do is put on my clothes. I dug through my closet to find my black bodycon dress. It was a gift from my friend back in Charlotte, and I love this dress so much. I put on the dress and looked in the mirror.

"Hm, I don't look too bad

"Hm, I don't look too bad. It'll do." I didn't want to look like a hoe, but I didn't want to look like a nerd either. I threw on a necklace that read "Tee" on it. It was gold, real gold too. I filed my acrylics and slid on my shoes. I glanced at the clock that read 7:28. I grabbed my car keys and my bookbag and headed out of my room. "Taina! You read- Taina I told you to be ready by 7:30 and look at 'cha, on the phone with David or Dalvin, whatever the hell his name is. "Dalvin, I'll see you at school. "What the hell was that for?" She exclaimed. "I told yo' ass to be ready and look at you, still got your pajamas on. Keep on with the shenanigans ya ass gon be riding the bus. You hear me?" I was kinda pissed off at the fact that she wasn't ready, because I told her black ass to be ready. I know I'm not Mom but damn the least she could do is be ready on the first day of school. "Alright, just give me 5 minutes." I sighed.
"Okay, come out to the car when you're ready. Do it again and you gon be walking." I closed her door and headed downstairs. I looked around downstairs to see if Mom was downstairs, but she wasn't. "Must've left for work." I mumbled. I walked outside to my 1986 Mercedes Bens 560SL. It was my grandmas old car. She gave it to me according to her will.

7:45 am.

Taina hurriedly opened the car door. "Sorry girl. I should've been ready." I cranked up the car and looked at her apologetic face. "Oh girl it's okay, just don't do it again." She nodded and as the car turned on one of my favorite songs was on: Sweet Love by Anita Baker. "Yo' seatbelt on?" I ask Taina as I backed out the driveway. "Yeah, it is." I nodded and drove away from the house. I sang along to the lyrics to the song, as well as Taina.

With all my heart, I love you, baby
Stay with me, and you will see
My arms will hold you, baby
Never leave, cause I believe
I'm in love, sweet love
Hear me calling out your name - I feel no shame
I'm in love, sweet love
Don't you ever go away, it'll always be this way