dos.

august 18, 1986  12:50 pm

august 18, 1986
12:50 pm.

"Devante, come on, it ain't worth it." Cydney rested her hand on my back and I immediately stopped. "You're right." I got off of Randolph. In case you're wondering, why am I fighting some dude on the first day of school, me and Randolph knew each other for years. He used to bully me and intervene with my relationships and if he sees a girl he likes, he starts up trouble and ends up stalking them. I won't let it happen to Cydney. "Devante, I'm hungry, let's go to the cafeteria." Her voice sounded so angelic. I don't want her for her body. Although she was packin' in the right places, I don't want her for her body. I want her for her personality and her mindset. "Devante!"
I snapped out of my daze. "You want to go to the cafeteria?" "Um, yeah sure why not." We walked into the cafeteria. As we walked in, I scanned the tables to look for my friends. "Devante I suggest you get something to eat, you need a lil' meat on them bones sir." I scoffed and put my hand over my chest.
"How dare you oh my gosh!" I spoke in a white girl voice and Cydney cracked a smile. We went through the lunch line, and as Cydney came out she was already eating her salad. We sat down where Jojo, Dalvin, K-Ci, and Taina was at. "Wassup De!" Dalvin dapped me up, as well as K-Ci and Jojo. Taina waved at me. "Damn Cyd, is it that good?" Taina jokingly asked. Cydney swallowed her food and raised her finger. Oh no, not the finger. "Says the one who eats a whole steak in a minute." Cydney continued to eat the rest of her food. She finished up the little bit left. I like how she isn't scared to eat around boys. I wonder how she would look su- "So Devante, what you got for your first class?" K-Ci asked me. "History. She bout annoying as hell. And that shit two hours long? What type of bullshit the counselor on?" "Riiiigghtt. Nigga you lucky, I got Physical Education. Do it look like I wanna do some push ups?" Taina started to laugh hysterically. "Bitch you need to do more than just push ups, ole blunt built ass nigga. Maybe you'll get a girl." I saw Cydney choke on her water and start to laugh too. Everybody was cracking up except K-Ci. "That's foul Taina, I'm surprised you ain't got your dog on a leash." You ever laughed at something so hard you silently laughing and you banging at the table? Yeah? Practically every body at this table was doing that. "Listen here Geico, don't play with me." Dalvin had spoke up in a playful feminine voice. I saw Cydney crying laughing out of my peripheral vision. "Not to be a party pooper but we got to get to our next class." Jojo spoke, wiping the tears from his eyes.
"Yeah he's right, y'all don't wanna get on the teacher bad side on the first day." Cydney chimed in. As the first bell rung, everyone parted ways. Me and Cydney we're walking down the hall to our next class. "Devante, are you and Randolph beefing or some shit?" I wanted to tell her what Randolph does to girls he likes, but I don't want her to get too freaked out. "Yeah. We aren't too fond of each other. He has done some.. let's just say he's done some things in the past that aren't agreeable." "Understandable." Cydney spoke so delicate. I cannot stop admiring her. I wanna make her my girl, but y'all gon' be like "iN cHaPtEr 2? aLrEaDy?" So we gon wait on that. Plus, I wanna make sure that I'm not in the friend zone. "Here's the class." I looked at the sign and it read Room 723: Spanish. Oh hell no, bitch the only Spanish I wanna know is "hola" and that's the only Spanish I want to know. Oh well here we go.