4. Lonely

Marcus returned home after his short capture by Faith and her men, of course it took him a little while to even figure out where he was to begin with. It was quiet at home now, the trailer park next to his trailer was silent and empty. The sight of the usually busy park, now abandoned, actually saddened Marcus a little. This was what Faith could do, she could destroy so easily...so why did he enjoy her company?

That evening Marcus showered, trying to get the thoughts of those poor people out of his mind. After cleaning up he went straight to bed, feeling worn down by the day. His dreams that night were filled with images of Faith. They weren't bad dreams, in fact they were peaceful and comforting. It was mainly her just walking around a field of bliss flowers, she was singing to herself and sending Marcus sweet smiles every now and again.

When he woke up, he was almost startled to see how high the sun was. Usually he is woken up a little earlier in the morning by the sun waking him up through his thin curtains, but today he seemed to have slept through it. Marcus smiled to himself slightly, thankful for a good nights sleep.

He had his morning shower before getting dressed. As he buttoned up his plaid shirt he glanced out of his bedroom window, freezing at the sight. Faith was outside, dancing slowly and gracefully among the tall grass. There was no music but she seemed to be humming to herself, Marcus couldn't hear her. He knew that her being here was no coincidence, she knew where he lived. He finished buttoning his shirt, leaving the top button open, and stood by his window. He watched her for a moment, a small smile playing in his lips as she sang, hummed and smiled to herself while dancing.

Marcus weighed his options, he knew that if Faith wanted to see him for what ever reason then she would. He took a breath before walking towards the front door. He stepped out of the tailer before walking around to the back of it, seeing Faith dancing who hadn't noticed him. She had been waiting for him to make an appearance and had began to just entertain herself.

"I have to admit that I thought the wait for our next meeting would be a little longer. A few days at least" Marcus spoke, catching the woman's attention. Faith turned and faced him with a smile.

"God had given us our lives, we should not waste them on waiting. We should seize the moment, not allowing it to slip through our fingers" Faith spoke smoothly and sweetly as she extended her arm, holding her hand out towards Marcus for him to take.

Marcus looked at her hand and them back at her face, he smiled slightly before reaching out and placing his hand in hers. Faith guided him by his hand, pulling him into the long grass with her. The grass came up to just above a Faith's knees.

"How do you keep showing up?" Marcus asked, curious about how she keeps managing to just seemingly appear around him.

"A car" Faith giggled, taking both of his hands in both of hers. "It's by the front of the tailer park" she explained as she ran her thumbs over his hands. Marcus had realised that Faith is a very affectionate and physical person, she is always touching him in some way.

"Well that kind of takes the magic and mystery out of it" Marcus laughed as Faith pulled him a little closer, barely any room between them now. He admired the way that she laughed and her face lit up as he looked down at her, the way she looked up at him was strangely endearing.

"You don't believe, I can see that. Do you have faith Marcus?" She hummed, squeezing his hands gently.

"...I don't" Marcus admitted, shaking his head and looking down at her a little sadly.

"Why is that?" Faith asked, noticing the sad look in his eyes. She dropped one of his hands and used her hand to cup his cheek, stroking his cheek with her thumb.

"I've never really had anything to believe in or have faith in, I've been alone for so long that all I can have faith in is myself" he explained, finding it easy to open up to her. She is so warm and approachable.

"The biggest disease known to mankind is loneliness. People suffer from it in many different ways, each are as equally tragic. I, too, am alone" she confessed, stepping closer to him.

"You have a family, three brothers. How can you be alone?" the man asked, trying to ignore the decreasing distance between them.

"Loneliness is not about having nobody around, in that case I am never alone. Loneliness is when nobody cares. You can feel lonely in a room full of people, I do" Faith tried to explain the concept to him, moving closer again. One of her hands remained on his cheek while her other hand tangled its fingers with Marcus', letting their intertwined hands hang by their side.

"These people worship you, of course they care about you" Marcus furrowed his brow and his hand greatly rested on her waist.

"I suppose it is difficult to understand...the members of Eden's Gate do not care for me for the right reasons. Yes, they would hurt if something happened to me but...I've never really had a real conversation with any of them. To them I am not a person" she spoke so gently, trying to get him to understand. She needed him to understand.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can barely hold a conversation long enough to get somebody's name" Marcus joked slightly, trying to lighten the mood, even if it was true.

"This is a conversation...and we know each other's names..." Faith pointed out, smiled again. Marcus nodded, taking in the feeling of her body against his. Her hand brushed over his and trailed down the back of his neck, playing with the short hair there.

It felt far too soon when Faith had to leave but she was a busy woman, ruling over her part of the kingdom, Marcus knew that she had her duties and respected that. He still hated having to part with her so soon, and she hated having to leave him for Joseph's flock.