Chapter 1 /// Verbena

{BACKSTORY}

Krolia, Rosa, Texas, Sam, Colleen, and Tina were the best of friends. They met in the big city of San Fransisco, California as young adults. They all moved into the same apartment complex and have lived there ever since. Krolia and Texas had their first child Takashi Shirogane Kogane on February 29th, 1991. Takashi had developed the nickname "Shiro" by the time he was 4 years old. He had a strange love for things that were black and white. He didn't enjoy colorful cartoons, or books with pictures. Instead he had a fond love for Sunday comics and I Love Lucy. He also had a big love for Karate. Shiro was only 7 years old when his younger brother Keith Yurak Kogane was born. Keith was born on October 23rd, 1998. Shiro immediately loved Keith and felt as if he had to protect him at all costs. Shiro had black hair and dark grey eyes. He took after his father more than his mother. His younger brother Keith had black hair and grey-violet eyes, Keith had his mothers features. Keith enjoyed music. As a baby he would hum and mumble songs that he would hear before he said he even said his first word. Keith loved to draw and loved to go outside and play with chalk. His parents enrolled him in art classes at the age of 4 to enhance his art skill.

Sam and Colleen gave birth to a handsome boy named Matthew Holt in the winter of 1995. Matthew was a very adventurous child and loved to fight. He took up Karate at the age of 5, right before his little sister Katie was brought into the world. Katie Pidge Holt was born on April 3rd, 2001. She was very intrigued by space and electronics. She was a very intelligent toddler, and learned much quicker than most children. She spent her time playing on computers, taking apart her toys, and play fighting with her brother Matt. Her and Matt fought like more of a married couple then brother and sister. There parents found it very amusing and recorded some of their arguments. Making them go viral on YouTube. Katie started to go by Pidge when she was around 7 years old. She liked it more then Katie because it sounded more masculine. Her parents allowed her to create a YouTube channel when she was 8. She became popular very quickly after being recognized as the famous toddler who had petty arguments with her brother. Video making became her hobby as she grew up. Matt of course being in the occasional video or two.

Rosa had divorced her current husband, and had troubles with finding a lasting partner. She had the realization that she was pregnant after she had filed a restraining order on her ex. She gave birth to a beautiful boy named Marco McClain. He had his fathers black hair and his mothers bright blue eyes. He had naturally crisp and tan skin, from his Cuban heritage he got from his mother. Marco was in love with dinosaurs, he begged his mama to take him to the History museum every weekend. He was 3 years old when his baby sister Veronica was born. She had a different father then Marco but he loved her either way. She had dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. She enjoyed playing race cars and dinosaurs with her brother, she also enjoyed playing on game boys and DS's her whole childhood. She was 2 years old when her adorable baby brother Lance Charles McClain was born on July 28th 1999. Lance had pretty brown chestnut hair, and he had his mothers and brothers baby blue eyes. His tan was lighter then his siblings, but he still had the natural tan tint that his Cuban skin gave him because that ran in his blood. Lance loved space, he loved going out at night with his older siblings and his mom to look at the stars. He read books, and his mother let him use the family computer to look at pictures of galaxies. He played with his siblings more then he did anything else. Always wanting to be involved and hang out with them. Lance was 4 years old when his baby brother Luis was born. Luis was much more tan then Lance and his siblings. Luis had dark brown eyes, and the same chestnut hair as lance. Luis played with his older sister a lot, he developed a love for race cars and Mario kart. He became very attached to Veronica. Luis and Lance fought about almost everything, causing him and his brother to develop very competitive spirits.

Meanwhile Tina and her wife had gotten a sperm donor and Tina ended up giving birth to a beautiful Samoan baby boy on January 13th, 1999. The couple named the child Tsuyashi Hunk Garett. The boy ended up being called Hunk because Tsuyashi was too much of a mouthful. Hunk had a strong love for animals, cooking, and building. Hunk always played with "Lincoln Logs" as a child. He was a fan of Lego's and he could just about build everything out of random things he would find around the apartment. His mother, Tina, taught him how to cook at a young age and Hunk spends his free time trying to make up recipes.