Chapter 8

Y'all are gonna wanna read this chapter 😌🤚 vote comment and have fun!!

I was back at the lowest level of the castle, surrounded by everlasting darkness and the smell of robust filth. Breathing was hard but manageable. I've endured worse scents. Everything around me felt flimsy, including my body itself.

It was only when I looked down at my fingers, noticing just how distorted they were, that I found out this was a dream - well, a nightmare, I supposed.

A torch lit from beside me, allowing me to view the endless corridor I was caught in. I dissembled the torch from the wall and held it in my hand, finally able to walk further into the hallway that resembled the basement of the castle so well but was different in a way.

Darker.

With no doors drilled into any walls.

A shiver ran down the small of my spine as I hastened my steps, eager to get this dream over with. To wake up and view the sun once more.

The sound of footsteps suddenly echoed from behind me.

I turned around, the fire on the torch faltering for the smallest of moments, unable to see farther than half a kilometer. It was maddening. I didn't know what swarmed through the darkness of my dreams, and this torch helped me see nothing but two walls the stretched for what seemed to be thousands of miles and a floor below me.

Out of frustration, I sighed before turning back around and walking forward.

A minute or so later, the footsteps were back and running from behind me

I spun so hard my neck ached.

The footsteps were gone.

Fear engulfed my chest, forcing the strings of my heart to pull painfully.

Without a second thought, I ran. So quickly my torch struggled to stay lit but I didn't heed. I needed to get out of my dream, even if it meant I was going to die in it. As I ran, I contemplated smashing my head against the wall just so that I could wake up, but the words of a grown wolf I had encountered outside the kingdom urged me otherwise.

Your dreams are your wolfs way of telling you whether or not your soul has been touched by a dark spirit.

Just as that thought came into my head, the footsteps came bellowing from behind me, running much faster than I ever could.

The walls cracked at the weight of my captor.

The floors shook with such vigor running became a hassle.

Everything was falling apart.

My dream was falling apart.

The corridor, once straight, began spinning like a roller flattening dough, until I could no longer run properly because what was once the floor was now the wall I had complained about. I forced myself to crawl between the tight space, but it was so tough. My leather armour did nothing but hinder me down.

Fingers the size of tree branches grabbed ahold of my ankle and pulled me downwards, evoking a cry of the pain out of me.

The pain was so hot I couldn't breathe. Whatever it was, its grip on my ankle was smashing the delicate bones of my feet.

Just as I was about to pass out, my eyes caught the face of the tall-fingered monster.

A chin the length of my shortest finger, a nose shaped like a handle of a mug and eyes the colour of bright honey, almost amber-like.

The last thing I saw before dying were those fire-filled, honey-coloured eyes.

-_-