Chapter 9: You'll notice it on your own

Please comment and vote💓
Don't  a silent reader

Flaca is always the first one to wake up from the two, she's a morning person but Maritza isn't. She woke up with a heavy pressure on her chest and felt a hand holding tightly on her waist.

"Maritza" she thought as a sweet smile formed on her face at the thought of her best friend. She looked down, her smile got wider as her eyes met the beauty that was lying on top of her, she couldn't see her face because of her black hair that was all over the place. She loved Maritza's hair, ahh scratch that. Flaca loves everything about her.

Her eyes went down to look at her body, she bites her lower lip as she sees the tiny yet beautiful figure of Maritza to keep her from going into her fantasy world, you know? the one where she's out of this shit hole and Maritza is right by her side, and is more than just her best friend. Yeah, our Flaca has a creative mind, doesn't she?

Maybe someday. But that lip bite apparently wasn't enough to stop her from daydreaming about her best friend. By the time Maritza opened her eyes Flaca was looking at the ceiling (they are back to two in a cube) and is away with the fairies.

She came back to her senses when the figure lying on top of her moved and had a tighter grip on her waist.

She looked down to meet two warm hazel eyes and a weak smile right in front of her.

"morning, princess"

Flaca says with the raspy voice she always got in the morning or whenever she was tired which Maritza found really attractive. She was still looking into Maritza's warm eyes, getting lost in them.

Maritza was feeling a little better, she didn't hesitate when she heard the word princess cause she knew it was coming from Flaca.

In fact, an adorable smile was plastered on her face when she heard those two words coming out of Flaca's mouth.

She buries her face in Flaca's neck to hide her red cheeks but was pretty sure Flaca could feel the heat waves coming out of them and hitting against her neck.

"morning, babe"

Maritza shyly replies to Flaca with her face still buried in her neck. Her warm breath tickling Flaca's ear and neck. Flaca leaves a small yet passionate kiss on Maritza's forehead while tracing random shapes on her back with her fingertips.

"hey, Mari, Flaca. My shift is over, Donaldson is gonna take over. And he's one homophobic asshole. So be careful ok ?"

McCullough's voice came from outside the cube to warn them.

"thanks Mac (MC) we'll be up in a few minutes we got our morning shift so..."

Flaca says now playing with a strand of Maritza's jet-black hair. Maritza turns her face so that she is now facing the entrance of their cube were she found warm blue eyes looking at her along with a sweet smile coming from the guard standing outside.

"you two good?"

McCullough asks concerned now remembering about last night.

"especially you Mari, is everything ok? inmates? in that case tell me please."

She continued her voice slightly breaking at the end. Flaca and Maritza meant a lot to her. They might play dumb to others, but they're anything but dumb. She was the reason they were back together, she kept complaining over and over to Caputo so to have them reunited. Even though she hated their friends besides Gloria, she fucking loved them and would do anything for them and yes, the feeling was mutual.

"oh, my god, no maccy. Hey mija I'll be fine and no it's not an inmate it's just some..."

She said as she got up and straddled Flaca. She stopped herself before she could tell her that it was a guard and gave Flaca a look as if she was about to have a heart attack, her hand going through her hair as she releases a breath of relief.

"I, mean I don't know about you but I trust her. And she could be able to help, amor."

Flaca says reasoning with Maritza as she looks her up and down. Her hands snaking around Maritza's waist.

"babe... I..."

she begins to stutter not knowing what to say.

"I know, I know anything you're comfortable with ok baby? you know I'll always be on your side"

Flaca says now taking her eyes off Maritza's body and meeting hers while giving her a reassuring smile and pulling closer to her.

"it's just a stupid someone maccy okay? I'll be fine, at least I'm hoping I will."

Maritza says turning her gaze back on the blonde, blue eyed guard still standing outside trying to make out what they are saying.

"Mari, I swear to god. If something happens to one of you and I could have done something to prevent it I'll bitch slap both of you for not letting me know what's going on"

McCullough says with a serious and threatening voice.

"I don't have to tell you boo, you'll notice it on your own"

Maritza says giving her a weak smile.

"do you know Flaca?"

she asks.

"yeah, she told me last night, and she's right you'll notice on your own just keep in mind that it's not an inmate."

Flaca says also giving her a weak smile and turning her gaze to Maritza's body again.

"ohhhh i'mma kill some stupid motherfuckaa"

She says getting angry that someone did something to her favorite inmates.

"god, sometimes I honestly just want to hug you really tight and thank you for everything and like never let you go."

Maritza says looking at her with a cute, innocent smile plastered on her face.

"ayy dios mio, so it's not just me? I thought I was going lesbian for you mac"

Flaca says releasing a breath of relief and letting out a loud giggle.

"Ohh you're lesbian for someone and she's on top of you right now honey, so fucking in love with her."

The guard says as she arcs her lightly colored eyebrow for Flaca to understand what she was referring to.

Maritza's cheek went bright red, she gave McCullough a blank stare as she waited for Flaca to reply, afraid of her answer.