CHAPTER 21: Camping

After movie night came to an end which was around 6 in the evening all the inmates headed back to their bunks for count. Humps was in the CO's bubble that was located in the spanish Harlem's (C block). Flaca had the night shift which was around 8 O'clock. They had to clean the whole kitchen and cafeteria cause it looked fucking disgusting.

They both laid on the bed with Flaca resting her head on the small latina's chest one of her hands snaked around her neck and the other around her waist. Flaca relaxed in Maritza's arms as the small girl rubbed small soothing circles on her back and her lower back. Flaca immediately fell asleep like a baby.

She woke up at around 7.30.

"what time is it ?"

She said in a whisper.

"7.30 baby, why?"

Maritza asks as she forgot her girl had the night shift.

"night-shift"

She simply says letting out a groan.

"what? no"

Maritza says not wanting to let go of Flaca for at least 4 hours.

"I'm sorry baby, I have to go. I'm running low on commissary and those bitches are useless, I can't leave Gloria to clean a whole cafeteria alone"

Flaca says as she looks up to find Maritza with puppy eyes and pouty lips.

"I know, I picked up some extra shifts to help her out, I honestly don't know why the fuck they show up to their shifts if they don't work"

"hey, hey, hey"

Gloria hurries into their cube, grabs the chair in the corner and sits near them.

"It's only 7.30"

Maritza whined and held Flaca tightly.

"it's not because of the shift, I need to talk to you remember"

Gloria asked looking at Flaca who was still half asleep.

"ahh shit, I thought it was a dream"

Flaca said rubbing her eyes to wake herself up as she sat with her back against the wall. Maritza gets up too and does the same thing but quickly finds herself in Flaca's strong embrace.

"we had to talk about your thing tonight"

Maritza says almost whispering.

"that's gonna take sometime baby, cause the walls got ears and I can't risk that. I'm working on it ok? I promise"

Flaca said scared that Maritza is gonna be upset at her. But she wasn't upset, she knew Flaca would tell her if something happened.

"ok."

she says giving her a reassuring smile and grabbing her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"ok, focus now please"

Gloria says as the girls almost forgot she was there as they were lost gazing into each others eyes stained with the color of hot chocolate on a wintry night.

"look, this thing you're doing. It's working with him, but I think you need to take it up a notch."

Gloria says with a worried expression on her face.

"what do you mean?"

Flaca asks as her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"I mean kiss the girl Flaca, not just on her cheeks, you gotta spread the word that she's with you. Treat her like you would treat your girlfriend,grab her ass and everything you're not doing that"