Chapter 5: Synchronization of Emotions and Memories

Céline's POV.

My head hurts... I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. But what's around me isn't what I expected it to be. There I stood in a place that looks like a dark forest.

I look around the place but I couldn't feel any presence, like I was in an empty void. It was total silence until I heard a child-like synthetic voice.

Welcome in the depths of your mind, ••••••

I looked around for the source of the voice as my heart beats fast to the suspension.

"Who's... Who's there? And who is ••••••?" I asked the voice with the tone of uneasiness.

The voice giggles until I felt it come near. Before I could blink my eyes, there was a young boy in front of me. He was wearing a purple and white cat-hooded poncho with a red ribbon, a black eye patch over his left eye, wavy side-ways white hair, and around his neck is a small chained necklace with a heart-shaped handle gold key hanging on it.

'Who is there', which means it's 'me' you're  referring to~ I'm the one in charge of your suppressed memories and emotions, but I can't tell you too much because it'll cost you~

I looked at him in suprise as I stood there. Then I became more concerned about something.

"Suppressed memories? Emotions? What do you mean? You also haven't answered me on who •••••• is!"

The boy sighs as he suddenly disappears and is now sitting on a tree branch as he swings his legs.

I told you already, I can't tell you. If I did, it'll cost you... A lot. You'll find out when the time comes. As for now, I only wanted to meet you~

I looked up to him as I have a slightly suprised look on my face. "Meet... Me? But who are you exactly? If you're part of my subconscious, why is it that I've never known of your existance?"

Then he comes down from the tree as he floats up to me with a child's grin.

I could answer that one only if you give me one thing~

"And what is it that you want this time?" I ask as I look at him.

Then he sets down on his feet and looks up to me and grins more almost like a Cheshire Cat.

A name~ As you have observed by now, I've never actually introduced myself because I don't have a name. I only told you of what I do here. So give me a name, and I'll answer your question~

I looked away for a bit as I thought about it. Then I looked at him as I spoke softly.

"'Synchronize Hearts'... That shall be your name. But for short, I'll call you 'Sync'."

He looks at me with a suprised look, then he grins again as he looks up to me.

Ahh~ What made you think of that name for me?

I blinked a bit as I realised that I mever thought about that one. I gave him a name, but I didn't think about why I gave him that name.

Then he chuckles a bit. When I heard that, he sounded different, like he had grown up.

I looked up and found myself standing in front of a tall man. He held my hand as he bows a bit. That's when I realised that he's the little boy, but now grown up like he's in his 20s or so.

It's alright if you don't know why you gave me that name~ As for now, thank you for naming me~ And I'll have to make you wake up because I could tell that someone is very concerned about you right now~ So see you again next time, ••••••~

That name again, why does he keep calling me that? Before I could say something about it, everything around me became bright like it's almost blinding me.

And when I blinked my eyes, I was looking up at a ceiling and I was lying down on a bed.

To be continued...