Chapter 8: Melancholic Mystery (Part 1)

???'s POV.
[Earlier]

I was sent to spy on the 'older' Alicein brother by him. Tsk! I'd rather hang out with my friend... Hmm?

I looked over from the rooftop and saw someone leave the shop with the Alicein. It's a purple-haired busty lady wearing a black and purple biker suit. She's actually pretty too, but she also gives a mysterious vibe.

Huh, I've never seen her before, and I don't think the stupid fox has either. If he did, then he would've told me to spy on her too but he didn't.

Just as I watched her put on her cat-eared helmet and go to her motorcycle, I felt a chill and looked over as I saw the older Alicein looking at me. He has this scary look on his face like he's mentally threatening me just by looking at me.

I panicked and ducked down. "W-What was that about? He saw me??" I muttered to myself as I try to calm down.

Then I peeked over a bit again and see him throw something to her. I couldn't see what it was because he might send his Servamp to kill me this time and there's no way I'm taking for that chance to happen.

It's strange though, he had a intimidating look earlier but when he talks to her, he has a cheery expression on his face like as if he enjoys her company or something.

Tch, it's almost like he's lying to her and she doesn't notice a thing. I feel a little bit sorry for her even though I have no idea who she is.

Then I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket to see a text message from that fox and read it. 'Report to me' it says... As I finished reading it, I stood up and went on my way before anyone notice me again.

Céline's POV.
[Present Time]

It's already late, I should get back at the mansion as quickly as I can. I speed up a bit as I turn to a street corner for a shortcut.

But as soon as I turned, I felt bloodlust from behind me. I quickly skid my motorcycle around and dodged an in-coming attack.

Right in front of me are two guys. Not just any guys, I realised that they're vampires from the wanted list at C3. They're Subclasses of the Servamp of Melancholy: Sakuya Watanuki and Belkia.

Normal POV.

Céline looks as them, feeling a bit uneasy but kept her guard up. They stood there in front of her way as the pink-haired vampire spoke up.

"Hey, hey!!~ ☆ Would you like to see my magic show, Missy?!~" He asks with a seemingly cheery-yet-eerie voice.

The green-haired vampire scoffs a bit. "Get it together, Belkia. We're on a mission, not for a stupid magic show." He said as he held his hands behind his head like he's not interested.

Belkia growls and pouts a bit. "Aww, you're no fun, Sakuya!!~ And there I was ready to make her one of my magic show participant!!~ ☆" He whines as he waves his arms around a bit.

Sakuya scoffs again as he puts his hands inside his pockets and looks at Céline who is trying to find a way to escape them without causing any violence.

"Miss, we were asked by Tsubaki to bring you to him. He says that he wants to talk to you about something, probably something 'not interesting'." Sakuya said in a seemingly bored tone.

Céline tilts her head as she looks at them. Then she shakes her head and starts speeding away from them with her motorcycle.

Belkia growls as he watches her speed off. "That little missy!! How dare she run off like that!! I was about to put on a good show! I can't forgive anyone who dares to ignore me!!!"

Sakuya rolls his eyes as he turns to walk away. "Let's go already, we're done for the night."

"Ehhhh?!?! Are you saying that we can't give chase to that rude lady who ignored me?!"

"Technically, she ignored both of us and Tsubaki's request. And also, Tsubaki said not to do anything to her if she runs off! So don't whine at me, okay! Besides, he probably has a plan, so just let her go."

Belkia groans in disappointment as he and Sakuya went back to their team hideout.

Céline on the other hand was still driving away from anyone that might cause her trouble. Then suddenly, it was raining.

"It's raining?? But I heard it won't be raining today, what's going on? Wait, could it be...?!"

As she says that, her surroundings changed into a misty red place that has nothing but empty space. Céline tries to find a way out, but couldn't find a single exit.

Then she heard tapping sounds echoing through the place, causing for her to look around for the cause of it. "Who's there?"

"Hey, mystery lady~ Why don't you tell me an interesting story?~ Maybe a bedtime story since it's already nighttime?~"

Céline then looks up at the person who spoke to her as she stands her guard.

"Tsubaki, Servamp of Melancholy..."

The Servamp Tsubaki then just smirks slyly.

To be continued...