chap·ter 6

Laila

"You should go" Rose pleaded. 

We were in my room and we were just chilling. She's been bugging me about me going to this party all week. It was today and she was still here trying to convince me. So I've been ignoring her. Like I've been doing all week. She just can't take no as an answer. 

I grabbed my remote control and turned the volume up louder. She was low-key starting to get on my last nerve. I'm not a party person at all. For one I don't like be around a lot of people. Especially when they all dancing and what not because now they all sweaty and I cannot deal with that. They be smelling musky and stank all in one. Two it's always some drama that happens at a party. Plus I don't drink or smoke so and thats all they do at these damn parties. I'm not about to put myself in no environment that I'm not comfortable in. 

"I know you didn't just-" Rose grabbed the remote out of my hand, well she more like snatched it, and she turned off the tv making me groan in response. 

"I don't want to go to this damn party. Can we just drop the subject?" I said grabbing my pillow and sitting up on the bed facing her. 

"Who going to a party?" Malachi came in the room and welcoming himself in on this conversation as well as making himself comfortable by laying down on my bed. 

"I'm trying to get her to go to Jay's party today and she actin real stink. She need too get her ass out this damn house." Rose complained. 

"I ain't going to no party. I don't even mess with Jay so why should I be up in his house partying."

"One, it's not at his house. He's hosting it at a club venue. Two, Jay don't give a damn who comes to the party. It's an open invitation." Rose said. 

"It's also a $20 fee to get in" Malachi mumbled. 

I ain't paying to go to nobody's damn party. I just shot Rose a look. 

"Why you had to go and say that now. I was going to pay her fee. Now she not going to want to go for sure. Malachi try to convince her to go. She supposed to be living the time of her life right now and she over here wasting her youth." 

"Malachi already knows that I don't like party and he respects my decesio-" 

"I think you should go." He said cutting me off. 

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyes up at him. 

"I'm going and she's right. I don't remember the last time you went to a party. You deserve to go out and have fun. Shit you barley even leave this house." He said looking up at me. 

"That's not true. I get out everyday and it's not like I don't go to parties, I was just at Sara-" 

"School doesn't count and that party was when you were 6." They said simutainously.  

Well okay then. 

"Seriously I soon go off to college and you need to create a social life. I don't want to call or FaceTime you and all I see is the same background of your room or somewhere in this house. Come on it'll be fun." He saids smacking my thigh. 

"I'm not goi-" 

"It's settled." They said. 

Groaning out loud I threw a pillow at them and placed my head on my headboard. I have a social life okay. My twitter is popping and so is my Tumblr. What are these people talking about? 

"I don't even have nothing to wear. You think a jeans a shirt will due?" I mumbled not making direct eye contact with any of them in specific. 

"I think we should go shopping. Let's go" Rose said jumping up off the bed.