The Talk

A/N: The pic above is obviously Chiron. Enjoy

NICO

At around 8:00 the breakfast bell rang, and all the demi-peasants in the Camp went to the dining hall. The smell of syrup and orange juice filled my nose. Ew. I had a small and picky appetite so pomegranate and water it was. After eating half of my breakfast, I just sat at my table read a book named about some dude named Harry Potter. He reminded me too much of a certain Son of Poseidon so I put the book down and sat in silence, lightly tapping the wooden table.

Again eyes pierced into the side of my head. Looking up, I caught of a glimpse of a child of Iris staring at me with a blush across her face. Before I could snarl at her, I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around. Chiron stood before me in full form with a serious expression on his face. I stood up.

"Chiron, you look worried. Do we have another attack?" I asked as I gently placed my hand on the hilt of my sword. Seeing my worry, Chiron shook his head and smiled. "Actually, quite the opposite. We have a new camper coming and I wanted the 7 to help train him as he will be quite behind. So would you meet us in the Arena in 10 minutes? Thank you."

With that he walked/trotted away, leaving me in curiosity. I threw away the rest of my food and made my way to my cabin to put on some better clothes. If I was gonna meet this camper, first impressions were everything and I wanted him to know I'm the Ghost King. Ew, Hazel was right. I do sound cringey saying that. Anyways, I walked into the dark cabin and took off my holey tank top.

Going into my closet, I look around at the clothes which were mainly black or dark gray. Grabbing some pants, a shirt, and jacket, I stepped out of the closet and began to change.

*le outfit*Stepping into some rugged combat boots, I exited the cabin door and walked to the arena

*le outfit*
Stepping into some rugged combat boots, I exited the cabin door and walked to the arena. The seven gathered around Chiron in a semi-circle with their backs to the entrance. I calmly walked up behind where Jason and Leo were standing not saying a word as I began to listen.

"-Therefore, I've gathered you all here because I believe that you each have a skill that the new camper will quickly need to acquire before going on any quest," Chiron stated. Annabeth hummed in response. The others all attentive while Percy gazed at a butterfly that flew past his nose. Nerd.
"So what is his skill level now?" Jason asked while scrunching his eyebrows together.
"He's quite good at street fighting, but he's definitely not quest ready."
"Why does it matter if he's quest ready immediately? I mean we're not sending him on a quest day one. He should just learn at his own pace like every other new camper right?" I stated breaking the silence.

After the first word left my mouth, everyone flinched or jumped not knowing I was even in the same room. Even Percy snapped out of his daze and got a small blush across his cheeks. I wonder what that's about. Probably just embarrassed about being caught staring at a butterfly.
Chiron responded not seeming fazed by my cat-like stealth (Nico the Neko ;))
"Well, actually. He will be going on a quest. He's an undetermined demigod. His godly parent won't claim him and the quest will be set up with him and one of you to help him in the hopes of being claimed."
"So who's gonna help him?" Hazel asked quietly from behind Frank.
Chiron took a shaky breath and clasped his hands.