The First

A/N:

Above is a pic of Hazel( yes I know these pics aren't exactly the characteristics in the books, but  I feel like this would be her in the real world.) This chapter is somewhat problematic hehe. Anyways, the POVs will be changing still. And please comment and/or vote. I know this story isn't completed but it would give me more motivation to actually finish the plans I have for the story. This chapter is long bc a lot of shiggity goes down.

PERCY

After about three and a half hours of us teaching Ashland our skills we began a recap test to see how much he picked up. The first test was to see what he learned from Frank and Leo about distraction. Since he didn't know his godly parent, we couldn't really lean on any power to make his combating improve, but he could learn to at least be as deceiving as Leo.

Nico squared up in front of him with Ashland following his lead. Then they began slight sparring. Nico was going sooo easy I almost laughed until Ashland took his sword throwing it at Nico's foot. Slightly shocked, Nico stopped and looked up at Ashland with a questioning look. The latter boy shrugged and smirked, "Well it distracted you, right?" Nico just shook his head with a small smile, "Next test."

The tests continued like this for about another 30 minutes until Ashland was finally through with them. Now let me tell you, for a beginner he wasn't that bad, but he definitely wouldn't last against Hazel and that's saying something. Not saying that Hazel can't fight, but he is wayyyy older and bigger than her. Luckily though, he did pass all his tests and could continue on this quest. Chiron eventually came down to the arena where we were all sitting around and talking. Once he came close to us, we all quieted down and Ashland stepped forward.

"Sir, I think- I think I'm ready for my quest. That is if you'll let me go and if you're ready, too." he glanced up at Chiron and then over to Nico. He had a slight blush on his face which I don't know why it is was there, but I wanted to slap it off. "Well, I'll tell Grover to get prepare the entrance ways. Have a safe and successful quest, you two." With that, Chiron was trotting away again.

"Nico, are you sure you want to come on this quest with me? I know I kinda forced you into to it, but I just I needed someone there for me. I don't wanna make you do-"

"Ash, I'm fine. Everyone needs their family, I don't want you to lose this opportunity to find yours." Wow. I wish Nico would listen to his own advice sometimes. Maybe then he'd let all of us see the real him like 'Ash' had apparently been blessed to see. Cue major eye roll.

"Alright, let's go." The two gathered their swords and Ashland brought a bag full of medical things and food I'm guessing. Nico didn't really need all of that stuff since he thought he was invincible until passing out from shadow traveling. I chuckled and everyone looked at me. Oops. Anyways, we continued our walk to the entrance where we were to say goodbye to them for now.

Annabeth stepped up first. "Stay strong guys," she patted them each on the shoulder with Nico flinching a little bit. Then Jason and Piper came after her. They embraced Nico in a slightly hesitant hug and then shook hands with Ashland. After them was Leo who was being his usual self, "Break a leg out there, muchachos! Well, don't actually." He shuffled away with a grin while both Italians looked at him with a curious look. Hazel ran up to Nico squeezing him to death while Frank hung behind her telling Ashland to be safe. For the first time today, Nico actually smiled, "I'll be back just in time for your birthday, Haze."

Then it was my turn. I stepped to Nico first and patted his shoulder. Surprisingly, he didn't flinch but just stared back at me. "Nico, I know you got this, man, but um be careful." He nodded, "I will." Removing my hand, I walked over to Ashland, not once touching him might I add, and told him to watch over Nico. To which Nico gave a growl and rolled his eyes. Ha, he's like a little cat sometimes. Leo walked up behind Nico wrapping an arm around his shoulder, "You guys ready to rumble?!" Ashland just chuckled and Nico sighed and walked away with Ashland right behind him. And with that, they were gone.