{8}

Little stray pieces of my hair whipped around my face as I stood at the top of the building, gazing at all the destruction around us. Buildings were burning and crumpling down. All signs of life were gone besides for a couple helicopters floating about.

We waited as a solider tried communicating with the advancing helicopter... but it didn't work? The helicopter turned with it's side facing us before we realized what happened.

"Our bird's been jacked.... Light it up!" Everyone complied to Rick's command and started attacking the helicopter. But the attack coming from the helicopter was too much. People were ducking and diving out of harms way, but not Harley. Looking at me with crazed eyes she spoke quickly.

"Come with me! We can protect you, you'll be safe with us! Mr.J already said that you could!"

I was scared, and Harley soon realized that I was. Giving me one last loving hug, she whispered a single thing in my ear before taking off towards the plane.

"Family always comes for each other..."

And with that she was gone. Ripping her jacket off she playfully walked towards the plane. Reaching the end of the building she jumped off, latching onto a length of rope hanging form the plane.

"Kill her!"

My attention was snapped to Amanda as her and Rick desperately tried to activate Harley's nanite.

"Her nanite's disarmed!"

Peeking up I watched as Harley slowly made her way up the rope as the helicopter pulled away.

"Deadshot! Shoot that woman right now!"

Fear and panic rose up inside of me as Amanda hustled over to Floyd.

"She ain't so shit to me."

"You're a hitman right? I got a contract. Kill Harley Quinn. Do it for your freedom and your kid."

He-He wasn't gunna do it... Right?

"Now she dead"

W-what?

My heart broke as Floyd walked over to a vent and set his shot up.

"Amanda Man down!"

He wasn't stopping... he was gunna do it.

Harley spun around on the rope to face us as a single gunshot went off. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as her body twisted and rolled limply down from the rope she was once swinging on.

"N-no...."

But something strange happened. Harley bounced back up and started climbing to the top of the plane again like nothing every happened. Deadshot took his gun off the vent and playfully got up in Amanda's face.

"I missed."

"Good one mate."

I enclosed Deadshot in a quick hug of relief as he made his way back to us, but nothing good every lasts.

"It's Waller. Savior One-Zero's been hijacked. Shoot it down."

No.... No!

I could only sit back and watch as A missile flew towards the Aircraft that Harley resided in. It took only a few seconds before the whole thing was lit up in flames.

"No! Harley!"

I screamed out, startling the people round me, whipping out my gun I shot two bullets at the other plane and ran forwards to try and get closer. I got two shot sin before I was secured back in the sturdy arms of Captain.

"No!"

I flailed against His grip as the plane busted up in flames once again and made a nose dive towards the ground.

"Target destroyed Ma'am."

"Thank you. Now get me off this roof."

Still in shock, Captain slowly began to walk me back to the group. I almost fell when I stepped on a chunk of something squishy. Looking down I came face to face with Harley's read and blue jacket.... Without a word a picked it up and tucked in into my arms before continuing on with Captain. Turning to us with a cold glare Amanda continued her spiel.

"The Joker and Harley Quinn are no more."

Tears pooled out of my eyes as I cried the ugliest cry I've ever done in my life. Whimpers fell out of my mouth on after another as Captain bent his head down to whisper reassuring things in my ear.

"You couldn't save her."

"Waller, we got seven men down back here."

I knew that I did it. I was the reason those men were dead.... And Waller knew too. Looking at me with hard eyes she turned to one of her men and whispered something into their ear before hopping onto the plane that had just arrived for her.