The Night's Here

A/N: Double Update!!! That's the wedding dress Amms gave Nandu. I know it's a bit modern, but our girl rocked it. Also, she's looking exactly like that. And that is Manik's wedding attire as well. Happy reading xx

I stop behind a pillar on the porch, glancing around me. No sign of Manik.

Since morning I have been playing hide and seek with him. I thought it would be an easy task, considering the great amount of guests and domestic staff buzzing around the house. However, it's really not.

There have been so many moments where Manik's eyes nearly landed on me. Somehow, however, I have managed to slip from under his nose. Thank God.

Sighing, I lean against the pillar for support and shut my eyes. Avoiding someone isn't as easy as it would seem.

"Are we done playing?" Manik asks, his voice coming from in front of me. My eyes fly open to find him standing there, his arms crossed across his chest. "Maybe if you'd told me when the game began then I'd have been able to be a better player." He offers me a sarcastic smile.

A wave of unexplainable pleasure courses through my body at the sight of him. Surprisingly no bandage is decorating his face and neither is a cast covering his leg.

"You're all healed up," I say, stating the obvious. Manik glances down at his body, and then locks his gaze back on mine.

"Yes," he replies, "And you would've known this sooner had you cared to visit me at the hospital."

His eyes are portraying disappointment, as if he was expecting me to be there for him everyday.

How I wish I could've been there, talking to him, having fun and getting to know him even more.

I would be lying blatantly if I said thoughts of concern haven't plagued my mind for him twenty-four-seven.

"Oh, the wedding preparations occupied all my time. I mean, the ceremony is tonight after all." My voice cracks towards the end.

Clearing my throat, I step away from the pillar and sidestep Manik.

"I have to oversee the flower decorations." I say, my foot landing on the topmost step of the porch, just as Manik's hand latches onto my wrist.

"I'm sorry," Manik says simply, as if these two words are his best friend. My head jerks towards him in surprise, my eyes widening.

How did he manage to utter an apology without any effort whatsoever?

"Look, I don't know what I did, Angel. But I'm sorry," Manik says. "Please don't hate me."

"Oh no, Manik," I turn around and face him. My wrist is still clutched in his palm. "I don't hate you."

How could I hate you? The exact opposite is what I feel for you.

"I've just been busy, that's all. In fact, I should be the one apologizing," I lie.

"Stop lying to me, Angel." Manik says, exasperated. He throws his head back. "Since when have you started lying to me as well?"

"I'm not lying, Manik. You're simply reading too much into this whole matter," I falsely assure him. "Wedding jitters, that's what you're suffering through."