twenty seven

Jo

Harry hasn't been around all day.

The house has been pretty quiet without him here, and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Either way, I wasn't planning on calling him up and asking him where he is because, let's face it, he doesn't care enough to show up in the first place.

"I guess it's just you and me," I sighed, patting my stomach.

And thus began my day alone.

I ended up sitting on the couch watching Netflix on my tv all day, occasionally getting up to get myself some snacks -- and that eventually turned in to a game as well.

'What is the craziest snack combination I can think of' is what I called it.

Truth be told, everything is all fun and games until you feel like you're going to vomit all over the floor.

That's how the game finished.

Sadly my relaxing day came to an end when I heard the doorbell ring, followed by a series of rapid knocks. Groaning, I barely mumbled an "I'm coming" before I hobbled over to my front door, swinging it open.

I was surprised to see a large bouquet of 'assorted flowers' with a red balloon attached to the stems reading:

Happy Mother's Day.

"Surprise," a familiar voice said their head popping out from behind the bouquet of flowers.

I smiled, immediately stretching my arms out to accept the gift.

"Thank you, Melinda!"

"For what?" She asked me, a curious look on her face.

"For the flowers..."

"Oh! They're not from me. I found them sitting on the front porch so I decided to grab them for you. I meant 'surprise' as in, 'I'm here to take you to your ultrasound!'" I gave her a curious glance, looking for a card or something inside of the flowers.

I finally found one, quickly opening it up, my eyes hungrily soaking in the words on the page small, flimsy little thing.

Happy Mother's Day.

You'll be a great mom.

- Harry

That was all it said.

And that was all it took for me to smile once again and to think; maybe he does care after all, even if it's just a little.

____________

a/n.

hey guys c:

i know this is short and all but i feel like it has to be because of what's going to come next c:

yay.

cote + fan / follow

i love you guys so much and THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME REACH 1k FOLLOWERS I LOVE YOU ALL SO FREAKING MUCH YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND.