Chapter 16: The Culprit

Han Minhyun nervously looking at the door of the king's office. He took a deep breath. It's okay, you are telling the truth Han Minhyun. He was telling himself.

"Jeona, I'm the minister of Finance Han Minhyun greets you".

" Oh brother in-law, you are here. have you find the evidence?"

" Yes Jeona, here there are." He hand out the record file.

"Jeona, junjeon Mama is indeed innocent but...but" he paused in his sentence.

" But?" Lee Hwon asked him

" Hee bin Mama is the culprit, we found Dong Quai a herb that very dangerous for pregnant women."

" What, Hee bin? How could she?" He was so angry but he was silenced.

___________________________

Hee bin was happily in her chamber playing with her a month old princess. She didn't know that she had been found guilty because the king had been silenced for two days. In her mind the current queen will be deposed and she will become the next queen.

"Hee bin Mama! The Queen had been released!" Her attendance said in worried.

"What? How could she been released? It's impossible!"

"It's possible Hee bin! The king suddenly  came in.

" Hee bin! I know what you have done, and I got evidence! You are now demoted to level 3 Suu'i! Just be grateful you are not being deposed."

" No! Jeona ! It's a misunderstanding!" She cried in her knees.

Lee Hwon left her without saying anything.

Hyerin came in after the king left.
She sat infront of her.

"What are you doing here? To mock me that I'm now at the same level as you?".

"Jang Suu'i! Why did you do that? Why? What have I done to you? How could you kill my baby?" She asked angrily.

" You always get what you want Hyerin. You got the king favour!  He never even look at me. And you are pregnant? What happened to me when your baby is a prince. The queen herself will protect you and your son forever. And I could just give a birth to a merely princess! And moreover I heard you beg for my life to him! How sarcastic of you!"

" No I didn't, I did it for the young princess and the king. She needs her mother love, the king would never felt guilty whenever he meets her daughter".

" Really? How could I believe you? Who knows you just want his attention!" She walked out feeling disgusted.