Just Friends

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮
(Genji x Reader)
💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Laying beside Hana, I watch as she beats another game easily. Today seems pretty slow since no trouble was being caused by Talon, so Hana and I decided to relax. "Hey Hana, how much longer you planning on playing? You said you wanted to go out to shop." I said as Hana looks at me for a moment and then to her game. "Ah, well, maybe after a few more matches. You know how easy it is to beat all these newbies." "Last time you said that, you played until midnight." I grumble as I look away from her. She didn't seem to hear me as she focuses on her game once again. Getting up, I head to my room to change and get ready for the mall. Walking out of my room, I see Genji waiting outside in casual clothes and his mask off. "(Y/N), I heard you were planning on going out today, mind if I join?" Genji asked as he scratched his head nervously.

I raised a brow before going around him. "I thought you'd want meditate instead of going out to the mall? Well, if you really want to, then come along with me." I sigh as I felt Genji get excited and followed behind closely. After sometime, we reach a mall nearby and started to check what the stores had to offer. "What store did you want to look in?" I asked as I looked around, feeling the stares of many bystanders. "I'm good with where ever you go. I just wanted to spend time with you~." Genji said as he smirked at me, losing all the nervousness he had eariler. "Really? And what suddenly made you want to hang out with me? You could've easily played some games with Hana, or talked with Angela, or even been with your master." I pointed out as I entered a random jewelry store.

Genji didn't say anything as I looked at the different jewelry that lays before me. "You could say that I wanted to spend time with other people besides them. So I figured that I'd go with you so we can get more comfortable with each other." "Genji, I'm already okay with you being friends with me. There's no reason to make me more comfortable." I spoke bluntly as Genji's face twisted to a sad one before going back to normal. "Well, have you ever thought of going further then just frineds?" Genji asked as I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned to him with a frown. "You want to be more then friends?" "Yes, I would love to be more then friends. Thats if you really want to..." "Okay... You are now my best friend. There you go, now your more then a friend." I smile at him before turning around rolling my eyes.

Genji facepalmed as he sighed and got in front of me, blocking my view of some golden necklaces. "No, I meant something completely different then friends. I want to be your boyfriend and go on dates with you." Genji confessed as I look at him before laughing. "Funny, I knew you were good at joking around, but that was by far the most funniest thing I ever heard from you. Good job." I said as I walked around Genji leaving him confused. As I continue my way out of the store and into a game store, Genji came after me. "(Y/N), I wasn't joking when I said I wanted to be your boyfriend." "Oh really? How can I see you as a lover when I've seen you as a older brother for me since we were kids. When we became teens, you were hooking up with all the girls in your class and older. You said you weren't into younger girls, because they didn't have any experience." I snorted as I picked up a game to see what it was.

Genji grabbed the game from my hands and put it away while taking my hands. "That was when I was younger. I wasn't thinking straight, and now I see what I was missing to begin with. So, please give me a chance." Genji pleaded as I gave him a bored look. "Don't give me that look Genji. I've been clear with what I said, I see you as an older brother and a friend. Nothing more, nothing less." I said before taking my hands away from him. Ignoring Genji, I picked two different games and bought them Hana since she talked about getting them eariler. "(Y/N), what will convince you to give me a chance? I would change for you if there's a problem." "Genji, don't be talking like that. There is nothing else between us then being friends." I sighed in annoyance as Genji cursed under his breath before spinning me around to face him. "Genji! Wh-" Before I could speak, Genji smashed his lips against mine.

My eyes went wide, placing my hands on his chest to shove him off me. Being successful, I rub my mouth in disgust. "What the hell! Do you have no shame?! I made it clear that I wanted to be just friends! F-R-I-E-N-D-S!" I yelled at Genji in anger. Genji looks shocked at my actions and tries to calm me down. "L-Look, I'm sorry. I-I was j-just trying to sh-show you how m-much you mean to m-m-me!" Genji stutters as he tries to turn my head to look at him. I slap him in the face and look at Genji with anger radiates off me. "If you fucking listened to me, then none if this would happen. I made it fucking obvious that I only see you as a friend! So you better not pull another stunt like that, you hear me?" I hiss at Genji before I walk away, Genji standing there as a tear streamed down his face.