1 - Halloween 1981

"I can't believe they're already 15 months old," Lily Potter said, slightly tipsy as she leaned over the table and looked lovingly at her husband James.

Lily, only at 21, already had two kids that she loved with all of her heart. Her firstborn, Harry, from the moment he was born, had the cutest little tuft of black hair on his head that only got more unruly as he continued to grow. The moment she saw him, she already loved him, but when she first saw that his eyes were the same beautiful shade of green as hers, she burst out crying. Then again, that was partially due to the fact that she was having contractions for the next child that would be born twenty-three minutes later. 

When Alexander was born, her first reaction was to scream out in pain, as he broke her tailbone. He was definitely a bigger baby than Harry, but she loved him just as much despite the pain he caused her. He, surprisingly enough, didn't have any hair on his head, but he did have his father's warm brown eyes that melted her heart. 

Since the moment they were born, they were a happy family. Lily and James had never gotten along better than they had in the first year of their children's birth, and it didn't change at all when Dumbledore sent them into hiding.

James, who had always been accustomed to having a large home, was uncomfortable at first being cramped into the small wooden home just a few kilometres from Potter Manor, which he had grown up in. Lily, on the other hand, was used to to the size of their new home and appreciated how cute and homely it was. Eventually, Lily's love for the small home wore off on him, and he couldn't help but love it too. 

When Dumbledore had set up the Fidelius Charm, it had been a very hard decision for James and Lily to choose Peter over Sirius, but they knew it was the safer option. Who would ever suspect Peter as the secret keeper? Somewhere in James' heart, he felt immensely guilty for not considering Remus and even suspecting him as the spy, but he knew it was inevitable due to what he has and where the rest of his kind was aligned with. Besides, he had always trusted Dumbledore and Dumbledore was the one who suggested he might be a spy in the first place. James trusted Dumbledore so who was he to doubt him?

"I love both of them so much," James said emotionally, clearly more drunk than Lily. " I just hate that they're at risk because of Voldemort. I hate that we can't do anything about it and that we can't do more to protect him."

Lily looked at her husband reverently, loving him for how much he cared for their children and herself. "It's okay, James. It'll all be okay once this war is over. I just hope it won't be too far from now that this hell ends for us."

James nodded, pursing his lips as he glared at the ground. He repeated, "You're right, it'll all be over soon."

Just as these words left his mouth, awful-sounding alarms, like cats howling at something attacking them, went off. James and Lily's eyes instantly met, as the bartender announced, "There's been a sighting! He-who-must-not-be-named is here!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour earlier, all was peaceful in Godric's Hollow as Peter Pettigrew babysat the Potter twins. 

Pettigrew sat next to the boy's cribs and muttered, "I'm so sorry, James and Lily," before casting a Patronus and saying, "My Lord, it's time. The parents are away at dinner and it's just me and the twins." 

The rat Patronus scampered away as Peter looked sadly towards the twins. Suddenly, two cracking noises went off and Peter flinched. The smaller of the twins, Harry, looked at him sadly while Alex slept soundly.