2 - Hogwarts Express

Haha, so I completely abandoned this story. Started at the end of June and now it's November. I probably won't be super motivated to continue this, but I'm kind of just in a mood for writing right now, so we'll see how it goes ( :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, boys," Lily started, speaking into their small family huddle. "I know you two might be feeling a lot of pressure, but I want you to forget about it and do your best to have as much fun as possible! We believe that you two will do your best!"

The family huddle of four was situated in a busy and crowded Diagon Alley. They were huddled because if they weren't, people would listen in or make a huge deal about them being there. There were reporters, of course, looking around for them, but they hadn't had any luck in spotting them yet.

"And even if you don't do your best, just make sure you have fun," James said with a wink. Lily slapped his arm but was smiling at her husband who was as cheerful as ever.

Alexander smiled and looked at his parents, drinking in the happiness of being with his for the last time in six months. He was excited to go to Hogwarts but nervous to be separated from his parents, although he would never admit it out loud.

James couldn't believe that so much time had passed, and he was finally sending his only kids off to school. He was incredibly excited to see what challenges his kids would face and what adventures they would have. Knowing them, Harry would do better with grades but Alexander would be friends with pretty much everyone. He reassured his sons, "Just know, no matter what house you end up in, we're completely supportive and we love you. Don't feel like you have to be in Gryffindor."

Harry smirked, but inside he was beaming. He tended to not show emotion as much as his brother, but that didn't mean that he didn't care any less. Although, he was definitely less nervous about going away than Alexander was.

"Okay, well we should probably say hello to the press," Lily said with a slight eye roll. The family nodded before standing up straight and taking a step back from each other.

Almost immediately they heard a peppy sounding, "Oh, there you are!" and the clicking of high heels and a curly haired blonde ran up to them. She grinned and asked, "Hello, my name is Rita Skeeter and I'm a reporter for the Daily Prophet! Would you mind answering some questions for us?"

Harry sighed inaudibly as his mother smiled politely and said, "Of course, but only a few minutes as the boys will need to get going soon."

"Thank you so much! First off, how do you boys feel about heading off to Hogwarts?" She asked in her high-pitched tone.

A crowd began to grow around the family and reporter as Alexander stepped up to answer, as he usually did during interviews due to Harry's more introverted nature. "We're both very excited, and are looking forward to starting learning magic!"

Rita blinked, clearly a small-bit let down at the very generic answer. "What house are you hoping to get into?"

"I think I'm a shoo-in for Gryffindor, but if not Hufflepuff would probably be my second choice," Alex answered thoughtfully, before looking over at his brother questioningly. Many girls in the crowd were watching the twins closely, many already dreaming about their futures with one or the other.

Harry was unimpressed but reluctantly answered, "Gryffindor would be fine, I guess. I don't really care honestly."

James smirked at his son's nonchalant manner, not really knowing where he got it from considering how extroverted and energetic he and his wife were. It was always interesting seeing how similar his eldest son looked compared to him, and yet they acted completely different.