Chapter 4: Forest of Secrets (Part 1)

I was sitting in a wooden chair right next to the trapdoor in a criss-crossing position. It was...boring. Luckily, there was a clock. If there wasn't i'd be insane from my head to toes right now. I looked around and saw a baton. At least that's better than nothing. Then, I hear a knock from up the trapdoor. My eyes enlarged. Teeth gritting and my body tense. I got up my chair and looked to the baton. I ran and grabbed the baton. I went up the ladder slowly. I got my baton ready. I opened the trapdoor. I got up and heard a laugh. I knew automatically who it was. I swung the baton just at the right moment and heard a clang. "You've learned fast haven't you?" I swung again to the left and heard another clang. I swung to the left; clang; to the right clang and back to the left clang. "*Huff....huff*...You're *Huff*...Fast aren't you?" I swung again but from the top of the road to the bottom. I heard a loud stumble. I looked down; a knife was on the floor. I looked up a bit more and of course; I was right. It was Sassafras.

A cough was heard. I picked up the knife and looked at it. It seemed as if it had killed 5 people in a night but still somehow new. Lucky for the knife, there was no blood on it; well with the human eye anyways. "What's so interesting about that knife? The fact that there's no blood on it? But... ya know..*cough*...you can just easily kill me right now with it right?...*cough..." I thought about it. She is weak. It would be pretty easy right now but something tells me not to. And that something is my empathy. I mean everyone here had their mother or father tortured. After that, I ended up saying "I c...can't do that...." "Why huh? You've got a chance to get such a large amounts of points right now buddy." "Because...I have a heart." "What ya talkin' about?" "I'm talking about how each and every one of us has been through the same thing." I said. "Family." I said ending the sentence. I saw her flinch. I dropped the knife. "Everybody's killing and dying because of what they went through. But no one has realized that everyone has gone through the same thing. Has no one have no mercy? And that includes you." I uttered. She grunted and took her knife and stood up. "I'll get you next time" she said silently and left.

I heard climbing. "What happened up there? Are you okay Jason?!" "I'm fine....Samantha." "Just...tell me what happened. I sighed. "Someone came and I got into a small little fight, that's all." "I know that's not the full story but it's not like I can get anything else out of you. Plus, it's my turn. How about I'll take it for the rest of the night?" "I'd like that." I knew I shouldn't have. But I did. I was tired anyway. We both went downstairs and Samantha sat in the chair. I went on the bed and the last I saw was Samantha smiling at me.
————————@——————@————————
Hello Partyboy0426 here! I know it's been a LONG time and tbh I really don't have the time nor have the inspiration to do this. Especially with a 20 page play project coming up. Anyways, I hoped you enjoy this. When the 20 page play thing is over, I hope I can do more in a SHORTER amount of time of course.

Partyboy out!