Chapter 7

Nikola's POV

You know how on the last day of a trip you kind of just feel a little bit...sad the whole day? Like you know you are going to have to go home and leave all the freedom from your problems? It happens to me every single time, which was saying something considering basically the second I get home from a trip I leave for another one. This time was the worst though. Because I knew we would be leaving the twins, two people who I had come to love even more within these three days than I had thought possible. 

It broke my heart last night when Gray came into the room crying, but I still had no idea as to why he had been so sad. Was he sad we were leaving too? That seemed like a bit of an extreme reaction, even for me. I didn't think that was what had evoked such grief from the twin, not that I would mind, that would be ridiculously sweet. Who knows though? I'll find out eventually.

I looked at my phone and sighed, it was 11:30, a half hour before I promised I would meet Alex in the kitchen to get ready. I carefully got out of bed, carefully pulling Gray's arm off me and walking over to the bathroom. I showered, brushed my teeth and grabbed my clothes for the day before walking downstairs in a robe I found in the bathroom. 

Alex was already in the kitchen when I got there, and her ever present new bf making breakfast on the other side of the counter. I curled the ends of her hair and gave her natural make up before she did mine because my hair was still wet, and then she went up to change. 

Her outfit consisted of black jean shorts, a white bralette, strapped sandals, sunglasses, and bracelets. It was the original outfit I had planned for her to wear day 3 because we had gone back to our coachella house the night before to get our stuff before we went back to the twins'.

 It was the original outfit I had planned for her to wear day 3 because we had gone back to our coachella house the night before to get our stuff before we went back to the twins'

(Alex's outfit)

When she came back down she waved my hair and gave me natural make up other than a dark lip. Then I went upstairs, woke up Gray and changed. I put on the outfit Alex had given me which was a lacy, black bralette, black bottoms, a sheer black skirt with a belt, gold-rimmed sunglasses, a hat, a black necklace and sandals. When I came out of the bathroom where I had changed, I found Grayson fully dressed and waiting for me. We went downstairs together and then we left.