Chapter 32

Nikola's POV- 3 weeks later

I always assumed I would be nervous on my wedding day. But I wasn't. I already knew how happy Gray would make me, I didn't have a reason to be scared. I was just happy. Happy and excited. 

"You're done. And beautiful." Alex exclaimed, pulling her hand away from my face to examine her work on make up. She seemed satisfied. "Rani! You're next!" she called. 

I smiled and attempted to look at my reflection but Adri stopped me before I could even get a glance. "Uh-uh. You can't see until the end. Nice try though." 

I rolled my eyes. "Its bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding, not for the bride to see herself!"

"Maybe, but I want the big reveal to be all that more exciting." Adri argued, not seeming at all phased. "Now, its time to put on the dress." she told me, dragging me to the other side of the room where there was a make shift changing room. It felt like I was being carefully manhandled. 

"Eyes closed and arms out." she ordered and I reluctantly obeyed. I would be pissed that I still didn't even know what my wedding dress looked like, but I had faith that Adri had made me something that I would love more than anything I had requested she make. She was just that good at her job. 

After a few moments of her placing the fabric on me, shifting certain place and me complaining she finally deemed me worthy of seeing my own reflection. 

And I have to admit it was worth it. I looked gorgeous, even I had to admit that. I had no idea how they had achieved such gloriousness. The dress was stunning, with a simple shape and an intricate, off-white lace cover over a white slip.

My jewelry was just as elegant: with a small sapphire pendant necklace and a matching earring set. My hair was lightly curled, resting just above my butt and a plumeria was pinned on the side of my head. Make up wise, I had to say Alex did a great job. It was all natural but enhancing, my mother's make up artist couldn't have done it better herself. 

"You look beautiful." Adri whispered, wrapping her arm around me carefully. 

"Thank you." I mumbled, smiling. 

"Let's go. We have start driving if we want to make it on time." Rani called. 

.                                         .                                               .

Grayson's POV

 I had never been more nervous in my life. What if she realized that I wasn't good enough and left? And what if she didn't? Was I cut out to be a good husband? Was I worthy of her? 

"Bro." Ethan hissed, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Its going to be okay. You love her and she loves you. Now breathe." 

I did as he said. He was right, she was the love of my life. And as impulsive as she was, she would never leave on her wedding day. 

Fuck, I don't know what I would do if she did. I might die. 

But she wouldn't. 

I vaguely registered the minister saying something to the crowd (a much more reasonable 100 people) and then the wedding march was playing. I felt my pulse spike and relax as the bridesmaids started to trickle down the aisle, all decked out in the teal dresses Kola had picked out. Alex, and Hayley both gave me reassuring smiles but Rani and Adri chose to give me warning glares I had grown used to over the years. 

And then Kola came around the corner, accompanied by her mother. 

She looked absolutely gorgeous. 

Fuck, how did I get this lucky? 

.                                              .                                            .

Nikola's POV

To be honest I'm not really sure what happened or what my uncle said during the ceremony. I was way too focused on trying not to jump my fiancé's bones in front of my family. He looked amazing  and that mixed with the total passion/amusement in his eyes had been too sexy for me to process. For all I know, I could have said "Fuck yes" instead of I do, but here I am. A married woman. And happier than ever. 

"WHAT?" I exclaimed as I walked back under the tent. "Why did no one tell me you were coming?" I smiled, coming up behind two of my favorite people in the entire world who I hadn't seen in years. 

I know what you're thinking. Its probably some celebrity that y 'all would freak out over too. 

But no. You have probably never heard of these people unless you went to the same schools as I did. Which most of you probably have not. 

If you went to Crocker/Riverside, chances are you know me and don't like me. I promoted the same year as the librarian's youngest daughter btw, (Susie Long shout out.) 

Anyways, the women in front of me were people I would always idolize: Mrs. Kruse(12th grade History) and Ms. Smith (7th grade English). Both strong, powerful women who taught me that society would try to put me down constantly and that I couldn't let it. 

"Of course we came!" Mrs. Kruse laughed, pulling me in for a hug. 

"How could we miss the wedding of Nikola Zeta!" Ms. Smith added, embracing me as well. 

"Nikola Zeta-Dolan now Kinsey." Mrs. Kruse corrected, making me chuckle. 

"That's going to take some getting used too." I smiled. Both teachers nodded knowingly and my English teacher opened her mouth to start talking when she was interrupted by another one of my favorite teachers, Mrs. Goodwin(4th grade). 

If your asking me how they all know each other, they were best friends before they started teaching. Yes I know, its unusual. 

"Mrs. Goodwin! Is Katie here?" I asked, referring to her daughter, one of my old best friends, as I gave her a big bear hug. 

"I believe she's by the bar flirting with one of the groomsmen. You can talk to her later though, its time for the mother-daughter dance!" she explained excitedly, dragging me to the dance floor where I found my mother waiting with a big smile on her face. 

There was reason I asked my mother to walk me down the aisle and do the dance with me: she was the true parent in my life. My father was a dick who I wanted to love but never could. So don't get on my ass about traditions. 

"You look beautiful Nikola-ola." My mother complimented, reverting back to a nickname she had used when I was little. I grinned and grabbed her hands. 

"This is Somewhere over the Rainbow, by IZ." my cousin announced as we started dancing. I had asked her to be the music at my wedding, knowing that she was talented af and that one of my music friends would be more than happy to jumpstart her career. 

Not gonna lie it was kind of hard to not cry as we moved to the music, the nostalgia was too much. I wasn't the only one though, my mother failed to hold it in. I smiled at her and wiped the tears from her eyes with my thumb once the song ended. "I love you mom." 

"I love you more." 

"I love you to the moon and back." 

"I love you infinity." 

"Its been so long since we did that." I chuckled. She nodded in agreement and then smiled towards something behind me. 

"Here's your husband, I'm going to go check up on my grandson." she whispered to me, and then Grayson's hands were on my waist. I grinned and turned around to face him. 

I laced my arms around his neck as Anu announced our first dance song, can't take my eyes off of you by Lauryn Hill(because she's a legend). "Hi husband." 

"Hello wife." he chuckled, leaning down so his head was touching mine. 

"I think I could get used to you calling me that." I decided. "In another language of course, wife is kind of an ugly sounding word." 

Grayson rolled his eyes and tightened his hold on my waist. "I love you, psycho." 

"I love you too, dick."