Samurais, Ninjas, and Principals, Oh My!

Principal Gulfert stared at the four young people before him, David, Zenja, Steve, and Maya. He looked at them like they were a four pack of trouble ready to be guzzled away and tossed into a garbage can. He stood behind Vice-Principal Emettson's desk, slowly pacing up and down in an office of silence. None of the four students said a word. Behind the four students as they sat in old wooden school desks from the 1950s, stood Vice-Principal Emettson, who was also pacing up and down the office. This was Vice-Principal Emettson's office and the two principals were working together to wring the truth from these four Eighth Graders, the Four Pack. 

The Principal pacing behind the desk stopped, put his left hand into his left front slack pants pocket and pulled out the medallion. He now leaned on the big metal desk in front of the students and began dangling the medallion in front of the four students. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!" Steve said to Principal Gulfert.

Yes, you should be careful with that," David said with softly concerned voice.

"Or what? An entire army of war elephants will stampede the office!" Principal Gulfert snarled back at the two boys as he dropped the medallion on the empty desk top. The medallion clanged on top of the desk and all four students had small heart attacks as they stared at the medallion resting on the desk. Nothing happened!

"I would be careful with that necklace dude and I wouldn't drop that thing on the floor!" Maya courageously advised Principal Gulfert. 

"What about you Zenja? Would you have a problem if I dropped this necklace on the floor?" Principal Gulfert said with contempt for Zenja, who he now blamed for the destruction of Girl's Locker Room. 

"Its not a necklace, its a medallion!" the two boys Steve and David said at the same time.

"So Zenja, do you agree with them that this is a medallion and not a necklace?" Principal Gulfert asked to a rather intimidated Zenja.

"David says its a medallion, then it is a medallion. David wouldn't lie. He saved my life!" Zenja said with puppy dog eyes looking straight at David.

"This is not the dating game!" Principal Gulfert yelled as he hit the desk with his right hand. 

In fear of Principal Gulfert, all four students leaned backwards in their 1950s school desks.

"I want answers and I want those answers now!" Principal Gulfert yelled at the four students.

"We want to know who, what, where, when, and how did you plan to destroy the school! Because of you four, we have had to cancel school for the rest of the day and now the police are involved with finding out who is responsible. So, if you do not tell us how you did it, then you four will be arrested by police and you will tell them how all this happened," Vice-Principal Emettson explained to the four students behind their backs as he continued to pace up and down. 

"Dude, you want to know what happened here today, then drop that necklace thing on the floor and then you'll find out!" Maya challenged the two principals to see if they had the guts to tempt the medallion.

The other three students, David, Zenja, and Steve, all said at the same time, "Its not a necklace, its a medallion."

"Maya Dalvi, we are not dudes. We are your principals. Now, watch this!" Principal Gulfert said as he stretched out his right hand holding the medallion, dangled the medallion away from the desk, and simply let go of the medallion.

As the medallion fell to the ground, David, Zenja, Maya and Steve all yelled out at the same time, "No!"

Then Maya just restrained herself as she calmly sat in her school desk with her arms folded and her legs stretched out waiting for the fireworks to happen. The other three were scared to death and wanted to run over to the medallion and pick it up, but Principal Gulfert motioned them with his left hand to not do anything and to stay in their seats.

Men appeared on one side of the office wearing what looked like black pajamas, however these black pajama wearing men carried swords, nunchucks, and throwing stars. These were Japanese Ninjas. On the other side of the office, elaborately armored and truly elegant looking men carrying swords and spears, who appeared ready for a fight. Theses were Japanese Samurai. They were both from the 

The two sides began their combat as the two principals and the four students were caught directly in the middle of the Ninja Assassins and the Samurai Warriors. The war was on and the principals, plus the four students flopped themselves on the floor which was safest place right now. It was safer to be stepped on, than to be stabbed or dismembered. 

Principal Gulfert  was stepped by a Ninja and a Samurai both at the same time as clattered their swords against each other, while the stood on the mushy, but very alive body of  Principal Gulfert. He was in pain and he saw out of the watery corner of his left eye that the medal was laying on the floor right next to him. Principal Gulfert picked up the medallion with his left hand and all the ninja/samurai weight on his back disappeared. 

Both Principals got off the ground very quickly, shocked as to what just happened. They each cleaned themselves off and just stared at the Four Pack as they still layed on the ground. The four students very slowly got up from the ground as if they were getting use to this sort of action at Greenfield Junior-High School. 

Maya screamed at Principal Gulfert, "Now Dude, do you believe us?"

Principal Gulfert frowned and announced, "Okay, okay, you Four Pack, you can go, I'm done with you for now. Get out of my office and go home. The medallion stays with me. Now go!"

The Four Pack left the office and three of them went to wait outside the main entrance of the school, while David went back to the boy's locker room to change into his street clothes.

At least on a positive note, school was cancelled for the day and it was still before lunch.