Chapter 6

They escaped. It felt too easy. Except with the fight with Akutagawa who had all the intention to crush Atsushi.

But Dazai never spent a single thought on how their escape went. He just focused on getting Chuuya to Yosano.

Now, Yosano was taking care of Chuuya inside their clinic as Dazai waited outside, sitting on a chair with his hands clasps together and prays for the best.

The others were worried for Dazai and for also the ginger-head who is in the hands of their sadistic doctor.

"Dazai," Fukuzawa called and Dazai snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at their leader.

"Explain." He simply said and the bandage-man sighed before looking doen at his slightly shaking hands.

It was quiet for a second and the tension was thick as ice before Dazai spoke.

"Chuuya and I are lovers," He admitted but bit his lip before he rested his elbows on his knees and held his hand together in a tight manner. "I guess, I thought we still are."

"Since when did you have a lover?" Kunikida asked and he tried to sound sarcastic about it to remkve the tension but failed.

"We've been together for two years and we did our best to keep it from the Port Mafia," Dazai said, ignoring Kunikida's failed sarcasm.

"But when my friend Oda died, everything changed. I left everything in the Mafia behind." Dazai explained, remembering the harsh past and the terrible memory of his friend's death.

Everyone was quietly listening to Dazai, feeling a bunch of emotions with the revelations of the suicide maniac.

"It was our second anniversary when I suddenly left. Ever since then, everything became cold between us. Chuuya... became more cold when," Dazai paused. He wasn't sure if he should tell them or how much more do they want to know.

"When what, Dazai-san?" Atsushi asked with a raised brow, leaning closer to hear his superior's answer.

Dazai was quiet again, weighing his options before letting out a sigh. "When he found out that I joined the Armed Detective Agency."