Chapter 3

"Speak"

"Thought"

~2 years later →→

Tsuna POV

Tomorrow it's my birthday or rather Nobuyoshi's birthday, Nana-san and Iemitsu-san talked about this birthday being special.

"What would be special when there is no Gio-nii who is in Italy with the Iemitsu boss?! But what can I do there! Already I have to bring groceries at home, (sigh) but now I have someone to protect me from my evil brother's sbires. He's a little scary and bites to death with his tonfas anyone who threatens the tranquillity of Namimori."

At our first meeting shortly after Gio-nii left, he only attacked the bullies who disturbed the tranquillity of Namimori by naming me as a herbivore like everyone else. The demon of Namimori Hibari Kyoya decided after several altercations with me and the brutes (→ Nobuyoshi's sbires and others) to escort me.

"Herbivore, you attract those weak herbivores, from now on I'll walk you to your house."

That's what he said with his steel and warm eyes. From there, (mostly) every time I'm going to run some errands or the rare times I go outside (the days when Nana-san is with her friends or Nobuyoshi goes to his training and football match otherwise she is not allowed to go out) he escorts me patrolling in Namimori and becoming the only friend I have in the city right now.

And yes, two weeks later after Gio-nii left Enma-kun my best-friend went with his father to join his cousin with his little sister in their hometown, leaving me alone to face mockery and bullies. But I don't blame him, he had good reasons and he must stay with his family. He loves them here.

Little Flashback :

"Gomen Tsu-chan *hic* to leave you alone with the bullies and your family." he said tears streaming from his red eyes.

"Daijobu you'll be with your whole family, you should be happy right?" I said with a smile sheepishly looking at the compass in his red eyes full of tears.

"Yes I am but it breaks my heart that you stay alone in this hell, but I promise, I promise to come back here for you!" He said with determination to see his best friend again. A little surprised I replied "Uhm!! This is a promise, we'll meet again!" I said very happily, doing a pinkie promise with him.

End of Flashback

Two months after our arrangement, Kyo-chan (who I would never say out loud without being bitten to death) discovered that I was not a Dame but very smart for my age but still did not find that I'm a girl. And yes with this boy clothes and this boy haircut everyone thinks I'm a boy and I have to keep this a secret, I don't want another reason for Nana-san to beat me again. But for Kyo-chan He begins to call me omnivore or usagi all depending on his mood since the day some mobsters attack us.

Flashback :

"But wouldn't it be our little skylark? Ohh~ as I see you protect Dame-Tsuna..., you sent my brother to the hospital the last time and now you're gonna pay!!" Said one of the gangsters with a fierce smile.

"They are idiots, they have no chance to win." I thought with pity, I observed Kyo-chan who is super annoyed. "Moving in flocks is the kind of trick used by weakly animals to survive, for disturbed the peace of Namimori Kamikorose!" He said, rushing toward them with his tonfas. Just after a few minutes the fight started only 2 opponents remained to fight again, the fight will end soon but why my gut tells me if I don't help Kyo-chan now I will regret it. I anticipated when suddenly I saw one of them pull out a gun and point it at Kyoya.