3

It had been nearly six months since they'd started living together, and it's not a big deal - it's really not, because Yoongi respects other people's privacy, and were very much against prying - but Taehyung still hadn't told him anything about himself.

Although, sure, Taehyung had numerously admitted his love for dogs and big, warm sweaters, and he'd told Yoongi about what he doesn't like to eat and what he does - but that's literally just about it.

He never told Yoongi about his past. He never explained about what happened to him that made him ended up getting auctioned at the black market. He never mentioned a word about his family. Heck, he never even said a thing about having friends or losing some.

And if Yoongi asked him something, anything that was remotely personal, like, "Are you still in touch with your family?"

Taehyung would instantly gave him a frozen smile that seemed more robotic than genuine, and very slowly asked if they could talk about something else, or just turn the direction of the conversation entirely.

It also didn't help how Taehyung sometimes shows signs of trauma from the past - how he sometimes recoil from Yoongi's touch, how he grimaced at even the mention of violence, how he flinched every time Yoongi raised his tone by the slightest bit; even if he was just joking.

Yoongi was confused, and worried, and curious, and they're all mixed up, and now he just doesn't know what to do, because he really, really wanted the brunette to open up to him.

"At least, tell me," Yoongi had demanded one evening, when they were at the restaurant that Yoongi had booked a week prior, "Did they - back before you got auctioned - were you abused?"

Taehyung straight out laughed at him, eyes bulging out, and if Yoongi were deaf, he might've thought that the brunette looked almost afraid. "Of course not, Hyung," he said in between chuckles that sounded slightly fake, "They were civilized people; nobody abused anybody. Now eat your steak before it gets cold."

Yoongi sighed. Oh, well - he didn't want to be some kind of an asshole who forces out personal information from other people, anyway.

It just hurt a little bit to know that Taehyung still don't trust him.

Just a bit, though.

///

Yoongi wouldn't exactly brag about it, but he knew that he's more observant and just a tad bit smarter than most people - it's actually one of the reason why he managed to gain one of the highest position in his field of work.

Unfortunately for Yoongi, his heightened sensitivity for the things that he put his focus on doesn't always come with positive results. One very good example for that case would be; Taehyung.

The brunette - Yoongi had noticed ever since first day he arrived into Yoongi's life - was very composed and well-behaved. He also doesn't open easily to people, but always tried to stay polite when somebody tried to pry.

More often that not, Taehyung would show very subtle signs of behavior that disturbingly resembles a kid that had been abused - of which Yoongi thought only made sense because he did got auctioned off at the black market as some sort of a 'pet'. The brunette still tried to hide it, though; be it under his smile or his laugh, that are both blinding, for some reason.

Yoongi also knew that Taehyung was the type of person who would smile and say that 'Everything's fine' when he got hurt - and that was where the problem laid.