Chapter 1

Natasha Romanoff. My best friend. She had told me that she found me face down on the sidewalk outside a radiology center. Nursing me back to health, we became quick friends. It's been 11 years since the first day we met. There's been times she left for a few months at a time, but I always trusted her to come back. Everyday she asked me if I remember anything from before we met,and everyday it was the same answer.
'Nat. I would tell you if I remembered! It's like I was born that day. Nothing's there before it.' I sighed in frustration while shaking my head.
'I know you would. I just want you to remember something from before 'The Incident.'' That's what she called it. The Incident. The day I was blasted with WAY too much radiation, but enough for any human to live with after.
I've met all the Avengers. Only Steve seems to be taking a fancy to me. He's kind and all, but I don't feel the same way about him. I wish I could feel something for him, but I've noticed someone else. If only he would notice me. Right now the Avengers are out, leaving me alone with him. Natasha knows who I like, and she doesn't quite accept it. I'm sitting on the couch watching Nat. Geo. Wild.

Thor had gone back to Asgard. Tony always seems to be working on a gadget of some sort. He's been trying to teach me how to make gadgets. I'm horrible at it. Clint has been trying, not quite successfully, to teach me how to use a bow and arrows. Nat's been teaching me how to use hand on hand combat. Steve comes in occasionally with her. The hardest part of the day is when Loki's teaching me magic and Asgardian fighting styles. With weapons. Steve never lets Loki teach me alone. It makes me mad that he does that, but I'm grateful at the same time because his presence seems to help me stay sane. Loki. The man I have a crush on. And it's not a small one.

The kitchen door shut, and Loki came into the main room with an apple in one hand and a book in the other. I sighed at the sight of him. A little too loud. Loki looked up from his book to stare at me. His handsome green eyes starting at me.
"Something wrong?" He asked.
"Nope. Nothing. " I said as natural as I could. Internally, I was screaming with excitement. He talked to me!!
"You sure?" He asked again. This time I felt a tear fall down my cheek. What the Hell?! I saw him lean forward and brush it off. A blinding light filled my vision at the gentle caress.

"Don't cry. It'll be alright. I'm here." A female's voice filled my head. I instantly knew who it was.
"MOTHER!!!" I screamed and flung myself at her, the memory fading fast. I opened my eyes and noticed that my arms were wrapped around the only other person in the building. I pinched my eyes shut, scowled at and cursed myself. Then, I slowly looked into his face. His face was completely covered with surprise. His eyes were wide open and mouth parted, staring down at me. Loki's arms were flung out from his body. I felt my cheeks heat up.
"I'm sorry." I said while pushing my face deeper into his armor. A small shudder went through me as I felt his hands rest on my back. Tears started streaming down my face.
"I saw my mother. How?" I choked up again. Loki squeezed me slightly.
"How could I forget her?" I heard keys insert into the lock on the door. With all of my willpower, I moved from Loki and flung myself onto the couch. Just as the door was opening, Loki sat down, and started reading his book as though nothing had happened.

Natasha walked in with Steve, the two of them laughing. Steve was the first to see me and instantly stopped laughing.
"Erys?" He moved and sat down in front of me, holding my hands. Nat came and sat next to me.
"What's wrong?" She asked. I felt another tear fall down face. Steve moved to wipe it off, and I flinched at the movement.
"My mother. I saw her." I wiped the tear from my face before Steve could try again. I saw a flash of hurt go through his eyes, but joy quickly followed.

I told them what I saw, but I left out what triggered it and what happened after. I'll tell Nat that later. Steve doesn't need to know.
"I'm going to go get a drink." I said once the questions started to get too nosey. I got up and left the room to the kitchen.

When I entered the room, I leaned onto the counter with both of my hands. The room started spinning, and I feel sick to my stomach. What the fuck is wrong with me now? I thought. Vaguely registering the kitchen door opening, I ran to the trashcan. My stomach churned and I threw up in it. A hand placed itself on my back and another on my forehead, holding me steady.
"It's alright. It's alright. Breath. Breath." A voice soothed me. My stomach contracted again.
"Breath. Come on Erys. Relax, calm down. Breath." His voice wafted into my ears again. I took in a shaky breath and started coughing. My stomach hurting from the violence of the contractions. I moved to the sink, once I felt like I was done throwing up, and washed my hands and face. The bile taste of acid still prominent in my mouth.
"Disgusting." I turned around to see the person who held me while I was throwing up. It was Loki. A crease of concern was etched on his forehead.
"Are you alright? Really?" He asked. I scanned my body.
"I think so?" I did in a question kind of tone. He shuffled around a little.
"I mean would you be if you just threw up for no reason at all?" I asked him. He looked back at me thoughtfully.
"When was the last time your radiation levels were checked?" He asked, still looking thoughtful. I thought back to the blood work we used to do weekly. Then I realized it was over a year ago. Since they hadn't rose for 11 years and figured they never would.
"Last year. Why?" I questioned him back. I saw the gears turning inside his mind though his emerald green eyes.
"It's quite possible they rose since then." He responded calmly.
"When does Tony get back?" Loki asked me. I felt myself starting to sway.
"I don't know." I closed my eyes to try and stop the swaying, only to feel myself start to fall. Loki caught me and placed me into one of the chairs.
"NATASHA!!" Loki called. His voice resonated inside my skull, making me put my head in my hands.
"I'm sorry." He whispered in my ear, it was such a soft sound I'm surprised I even heard it. He pulled back when the door opened. I lifted my head to see Nat and Steve enter the room.
"I believe I asked only for Natasha." Loki snapped. Only I heard the worry barely come through his voice because I was so close to him. Steve looked at me, asking what I wanted with his gaze. I slightly nodded my head for him to leave. He looked at Loki for a few seconds before leaving the room.

Nat pushed Loki out of the way to look at me closer.
"Erys, what happened?" She looked at me square in the eye. I opened my mouth to respond when Loki interrupted me.
"When's Tony coming back!" He demanded more than asked.
"Soon, why? Loki, Erys, what the hell is going on?" She asked, deeply concerned.
"We think her levels of radiation are rising." My head started pounding, making me grateful that Loki answered for me. I groaned in pain.
"Shit." Nat whispered. Loki moved behind me and his hand on my back. A soothing wave of warmth started to spread throughout my body, staring from where his hand was. The pain in my head started to subside as the heat reached it.
"It's a soothing spell." Loki whispered into my ear. He moved his head back away from my ear once again. Nat watching everything going on.
"I'll call Tony. I don't think this could wait." She stood from her crouch and left the room.

Loki removed his hand, to get something most likely, and the pain shot through me once again. I groaned and started to fall to the floor, and Loki's hands quickly caught me around the waist, the warmth spreading twice as fast as the Healing Spell went through me. He placed me on his lap in the chair, holding me by the waist.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He kept repeating.
"It's ok." I said; even though I could barely feel the spell working through the pain. I felt as though all my cells were about to burst.

I noticed that Loki saw how much pain I was in.
"Anything else I can do?" He asked, voice dropping with concern. I closed my eyes and breathed in as deeply as the pain would let me.
"Kiss me." I opened my eyes again to see that he barely hesitated. He placed his hand, with the thumb on my cheek and his fingers on my jaw, on my face,he drew me in closer to his. I watched him close his eyes and slowly followed suit. His lips barely touched mine. The tender touch became deeper and deeper, the more and longer he kissed me. I grimaced as a fresh wave of pain shot through me. My lips peeled back, and my teeth clamped together, and my eyes squeezed shut.

Loki pulled away. I saw my vision start to fade.
"Erys? No. Hold on. Hold on." He whispered and stroked my cheek. My vision got darker.
"NAT?! " Loki's voice shook slightly with panic. I went to stroke his face, when everything went black.

1709 Words