Chapter 3

A few weeks had passed and I was allowed to leave the 'observation room.' Loki had visited me every day, keeping me calm, keeping me cold. We had many conversations. They were mostly about Asgard and Jotunheim. Loki had used magic, on the second day, to put me, in what I assumed, normal Asgardian wear.

Steve had dropped in the same day, wearing his Captain America suit, and told me that he had a new assignment and would be back in a few days. Naturally I was worried for him, but Loki had distracted me from it. He came back the day before I was let out. Steve was unscathed, as usual.

Right now I was watching the first Thor movie. I had just gotten to the part where Loki and Odin are talking after the battle of Jotunheim, when Loki came into the room, not paying attention to the t.v. screen.
"TELL ME!!!" Movie Loki screamed. I heard a book fall and saw Loki's gaze on the screen, sadness filling up his eyes. Fuck. I'm so stupid. I scrambled to hit the power button on the t.v. remote. The screen flickered off, and I looked at Loki once more. A tear fell down his face, eyes still fixed on the now black t.v. I moved to comfort him, and he stepped backwards. I grabbed his hand instead.
"I'm sorry. I forgot." I said calmly. Loki just smiled sadly, picked up the book he dropped, and continued to his normal reading spot. I stood, took out Thor and put in Big Cat Challenge.

Loki looked up to see what I was watching after about five minutes of reading. He then looked at me and caught my eye. I patted the seat left to me, signaling for him to sit there. He smiled and stood to join me on the couch. Once he sat down, I placed my head in his lap to continue watching the show. Loki tenderly touched my head and started playing with my hair.

Once the episode ended, he turned off the t.v. and started humming absent mindedly. I recognised the song almost instantly and started singing with his humming.

What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinnin, no kiddin, and I can't pin you down
What's goin on in that beautiful mind
I'm your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's underwater
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose in winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when your crying your beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every move
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

My head's underwater
But I'm breath-

I stopped abruptly, remembering how bad my voice normally sounds. Loki stoped humming a few seconds later. He brushed some hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear.
"Why did you stop, my love?" He asked, stroked my cheek then pressed his lips there.
"I'm sorry, Loki. It's just that... It's just that my voice sucks. Its horrible."

Who says that, Erys?" He asked, shifting me to look at him. I averted my eyes.
"Everyone." I started to feel depressed inside. Who could ever love me? I'm a freak.
" Well. This 'everyone's you speak of can just choke on rocks, as I've never heard such a melodious voice ever before. And I've heard many beautiful voices, and none can compare to how lovely yours is." I looked at him and opened my mouth to tell him how bad it really is.
"Shh." He said and kissed me to keep me that way. I half heartedly kissed back. No one can ever truly love and accept me. Loki stopped kissing and pulled me into a tight hug.
"I will always love you, Erys. Nothing can change that." He said, his breath tickling my skin. It was like he read my mind I felt the first tear form and slide down my cheek. I'm a monster. How could anyone love me? Another tear formed and fell. I'm not worthy of this. The tears started to fall at a steady pace as my vision filled with white.

"Erys. I love you. No matter what people say. You're beautiful in my eyes. That's all that matters. Remember that." An unfamiliar but familiar male voice and figure stood before me. It was faintly blurry as the man leaned in and kissed me deeply. When he pulled away, I examined him. He had blonde hair and blue eyes; he almost looked like...

"NOO!!!" I screamed and flung myself from Loki. He looked at me with confusion.
"My first love... It couldn't be... That would mean I was... NO!" I said halfway to myself. I had flung myself over the couch arm and onto the floor. Nothing hurt or gave any indication that I had even moved.
"Erys? What happened?" Loki moved to help me up.
"No! Don't touch me." I said voice full of fear. Yet again.
"Please. Where is Steve?" I demanded more than asked.
"Erys. Whatever it-" Loki began.
"WHERE IS STEVE, LOKI?!" I screamed while standing up. He flinched and his face went cold.
"Where he always is. In the training room." His voice was wiped clean of emotion. I ran out of the room and to the elevator. I'll have to explain this to him later.
"Where may I take Miss. Erys this time?" FRIDAY asked.
"The training room." I replied.

As soon as I got to the room, I ran straight to Steve, who was in the far corner with a punching bag. He was in the middle of a swing when I wrapped my arms around one of his arms.
"Erys!" His voice was filled with delight and surprise.
"Steve. I need a straight answer." I stared at his face square in the eye, face serious.
"Of course." Concern started to etch its way onto his face.
"How old am I?"
"You're... You're 23." His voice gave a slight hint of uncertainty and something else. Something I knew all to well. Secrecy.
"DON'T BULL SHIT ME, ROGERS!" I snapped. Everyone knew that if I only used last names, I only mean business. No games. No trickery.
"How old am I?" I demanded once more.
"96." He whispered, averting his gaze. I felt my jaw drop.
"I'm... I'm... 96?!" I whispered in shock. The memory shot through my mind again.
"Was I... We're we... We're you my..." I struggled forming the question I had come to ask.
"Erys," he gripped my hands. "Yes, we were. We were together before I, before we, we're frozen." I was just a little shorter than Steve. He placed his hands on my shoulders.
"And I would like to continue where we left off." He pulled me in and pressed his lips on mine. It was gentle, passionate, and wanting all rolled into one.

For a moment, I forgot I was in love with another.

My hands wrapped around his neck and into his hair. Steve's hands fell down to my waist, pulling me closer, deepening the kiss. One of my hands fell to the back of his neck and top of his back, pulling him to me. One of his hands slid down and grabbed my ass. He picked me up, and I slung my legs around him. He quickly turned around and pressed me against one of the walls next to him. We broke away just enough to breath. Oh god, I've missed this and didn't even know about it. I sighed, and Steve pressed me a little harder onto the wall and kissed me again.
"Steve..." I moaned out. Right before I was going to submerge myself into the kiss again, one word passed through my mind. One that I had forgotten.

Loki.

Everything came rushing back. My love for Loki, my powers, even my actual age.

My eyes flashed open. I stopped kissing Steve and started to untangle myself from him. What have I done? His eyes opened when I was completely untangled.
"Erys, are you ok?" He asked. Steve noticed how close we were, turned bright red, and stepped back.
"No." I said sternly then started whispering Loki's name. He grabbed my hand to kiss it, unaware of what I was saying. I was afraid that if I forgot Loki again if so another thing is regret. I pulled it back and ran to the elevator. Just as the elevator doors pulled open, I felt the use of magic next to me and looked into that general direction. Loki materialized out of the air. His face filled with disbelief and hurt. He shook his head with sadness and disappeared just as I was saying his name to explain. Please let me explain. I still love you. A tear fell down my face as I entered the elevator and the doors closed behind me. Please understand. Another tear slid down my face. I turned my face to the floor. I watched the tear slide down the top of my nose through the reflective flooring material and land on the floor.

1617 words.